nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11857
View in linear mode

Subject: "LR5 Keywords" Previous topic | Next topic
srbrsn11 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2009Wed 24-Jul-13 09:57 PM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LR5 Keywords"

Birmingham, US

I am trying to add keywords to several folders in LR5. I want to add keywords to whole folders. I read that you seect "all", which I have done and enter the needed keywords. It is supposed to add the keywords to all the pictures but the only one it adds it to is the first picture. Again, I do a "select all". What am I missing?

Steve Roberson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Wed 24-Jul-13 10:16 PM
1344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LR5 Keywords"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

First you should in the Library module, Grid mode.

Open the Folders pane, and click on the folder you want. This will display all the photos in that folder as thumbnails in the grid.

Click one of them (click on the photo, not the border).

Then type Ctrl+A to select All. They should all now have a light gray border instead of a dark gray, indicating that each is selected.

Now assign the keywords from the Keywording pane.

----
Dennis Smith.

srbrsn11 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2009Wed 24-Jul-13 11:15 PM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LR5 Keywords"
In response to Reply # 1

Birmingham, US

Thanks Dennis, that worked! The difference between what you told me and what I was doing was the "grid" mode. Thanks again!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11857 Previous topic | Next topic