nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11850
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adobe CC Pricing" Previous topic | Next topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 24-Jul-13 12:44 PM
6227 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Adobe CC Pricing"

Tacoma, US

After a year $29.95/ month (plus tax) of the introductory price for Adobe Cloud, I received my notice today that the price goes up to $49.95 starting next month for Creative Cloud. (I got the original price as a CS4 user.)

And the beat goes on...

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Adobe CC Pricing
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
24th Jul 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
24th Jul 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
25th Jul 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Jul 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
26th Jul 2013
26th Jul 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
26th Jul 2013
esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.
24th Jul 2013
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
25th Jul 2013
hujiie Silver Member
26th Jul 2013

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Wed 24-Jul-13 03:05 PM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Do you need the full package? I just use photoshop, so I have the single package price which is $9.95 for the first year, then $19.95.

----
Dennis Smith.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 24-Jul-13 04:52 PM
6227 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed 24-Jul-13 04:52 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

I use 6 or 7 of the apps. The photo editing ones the least.

I used to upgrade every couple of years, skipping an intermediate version. It generally cost me about $500 every 2 years. Now I will be paying $600 per year (until they change the price in the future).

Mick
or

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Thu 25-Jul-13 02:23 PM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 3
Thu 25-Jul-13 02:28 PM by M_Jackson

Jackson, US

You might want to double check your pricing. If you had CS4, the price after the first year is only $39.99. That might initially still seem like a lot to you, but if you are using six or seven of their flagship programs and can get all of them with free upgrades during the year for $480, that seems like a bargain to me.

The people using only one or two of the programs are the ones complaining most. From what I read, the biggest complaint is the lack of the option to chose which delivery method they wanted to buy into.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 26-Jul-13 01:53 PM
#6. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 4

Tacoma, US

>You might want to double check your pricing. If you had CS4,
>the price after the first year is only $39.99. That might
>initially still seem like a lot to you, but if you are using
>six or seven of their flagship programs and can get all of
>them with free upgrades during the year for $480, that seems
>like a bargain to me.
>
>The people using only one or two of the programs are the ones
>complaining most. From what I read, the biggest complaint is
>the lack of the option to chose which delivery method they
>wanted to buy into.

This isn't complicated.

I used to spend about $500 every 2 years to keep the Creative Suite apps that I use as current as I needed them, so an average of $250 per year. Now I will be spending $49.99 plus tax per month, or about $600 per year due to Adobe's new model. That is a 140% increase. The value of these products has not increased by that much, but until I find substitutes and spend the time to learn them, I'm just going to need to go along. Do you think I would be able to get that kind of increase from my clients.

Face it, Adobe has done a Microsoft and cornered the market, buying up the competition and leaving only small, niche players. Their software isn't necessarily the best, just dominant. The game is no longer about technical innovation, it's all about the money.

Mick
or

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Fri 26-Jul-13 04:28 PM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 6

Jackson, US

You keep using $49.99 per month in your calculations, but I am fairly sure it is only $39.99 per month for the second year, or $120 less.

I am paying $19.99 per month since I had CS6. I recall it being projected to be $29.99 per month after the first year.

If you have Lightroom, getting the CC package can save you another $79 per version upgrade.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 26-Jul-13 05:13 PM
#8. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 7

Tacoma, US

I paid $29.95 per month for Adobe Cloud starting last July when I "upgraded" from CS4 Web Premium. The E-mail I got from Adobe earlier this week informed me that the price goes up to $49.95 starting in August as my "introductory" period is over.

I have LR installed, but don't use it. I rarely us PS. Mostly I use Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Acrobat Pro. Adobe's purchase of Macromedia dragged me into the Adobe fold several years ago.

If I can find a decent web page design app and maybe I can drop almost all Adobe products from my system. It's getting to be such bloatware, like MS products with little real innovation. New versions are there just to support more sales.

Mick
or

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Fri 26-Jul-13 10:18 PM
#9. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 8

Jackson, US

If that's what Adobe is telling you, I stand corrected. Best regards, Mike Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Wed 24-Jul-13 03:46 PM
11877 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 24-Jul-13 03:46 PM by esantos

McAllen, US

Ouch!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 25-Jul-13 07:37 PM
13277 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 25-Jul-13 07:39 PM by robsb

San Jose, US

And this is why I never intend to upgrade again. I have the CS6 Production Suite and used to upgrade every year, because I had an NAPP discount. I rarely use all the features of my suite anymore and I am now thinking I will most likely quit NAPP sometime in the near future. I never use the RAW features in Photoshop as I do all my RAW processing in Capture NX2, so I will most likely be able to use my CS6 package for a very long time by just moving processed TIFFs to Photoshop as I do now. I also own the complete set of NIK tools now that Google upgraded my CNX2 NIK filters to the full package and I also took advantage of a promotion to purchase On One's 7 suite, so it is not like I need any more post processing capability. Adobe knows that the Pro's will have no choice but to continue to buy the industry standard, but I sure don't have to and they will continue raise the prices every year. I keep getting emails from them telling me what a great deal this is- yeah for them.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009Fri 26-Jul-13 11:37 PM
558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Adobe CC Pricing"
In response to Reply # 0

US

For art and design programs of university and art school, Adobe has not come up with the upgrade solutions yet. All the art and design programs are still stack with CS6 series (with bulk educational licensing agreement).

Something will happen soon...

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11850 Previous topic | Next topic