Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11842
View in linear mode

Subject: "LR4.4 not recognizing .nef or .jpg formats on card read..." Previous topic | Next topic
mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Tue 23-Jul-13 12:14 AM
489 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LR4.4 not recognizing .nef or .jpg formats on card reader"

Simcoe, CA

This was somewhat covered in a post in April/13, but not exactly.

I use LR4.4 on my desktop computer and it reads my card fine in both formats. When I installed LR4.3 on my newer HP laptop and attempted to read and import my card files, I got the message,

"The following files were not imported because they could not be read."

I even removed the LR4.3 and downloaded LR4.4 and installed it again, and the same occurred.

What gives with this?? HELP Please.

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Tue 23-Jul-13 02:28 PM
6043 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LR4.4 not recognizing .nef or .jpg formats on card reader"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 23-Jul-13 02:37 PM by elcee

Albuquerque, US

Many of the discussions I found in my search pointed to destination folder permission issues.
Maybe that should be your focus. Sample website discussion:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem_with_importing-1f8r83

~LarryC (eLCee)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11842 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.