nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #11837
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lightroom 5 printing issues to Epson 3800" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
ms8107242 Silver Member  Dresher, US  Nikonian since 10th Dec 2003 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:35 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom 5 printing issues to Epson 3800"

Started out at printing forum here, but think it is most likely a LR issue, as follows:

Have been printing my images to this printer from LR for quite some time, including using LR5, and as recently as last week able to print successfully 8X10s using templates I had built in LR. Yesterday, tried to print 17X25, and the print came out only with 8X10 printed on. Then went back to the 8X10 that I had successfully printed only a few days before, and the 8X10 print had only 4X6 printed on it. Nothing had changed with my LR print templates, so am greatly confused by this printer behavior.

The only thing that prints correctly are 4X6 prints. They print as normal, fully sized 4X6.

Subsequently discovered that I could print 8X10 in portrait mode with no issue, but having no success in landscape mode.

Today, called Epson tech support and was able to print the same landscape image from Preview ... so according to Epson, it is a software issue. At this point, any ideas how to correct this LR issue? Should i just reinstall the software?

Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Top

Replies to this topic

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows.   Swisher, US  Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:55 PM
1039 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom 5 printing issues to Epson 3800"
In response to Reply # 0

Does the LR preview image and rulers match what you expect to happen (17x25) or match what actually happens (8x10)? Can you post a screenshot of your LR Print Module layout settings (margins, cell size, etc.) along with the current state of the Epson 3800 driver settings (paper size, etc.)?

That would help us troubleshoot the issue.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Print | Top

ms8107242 Silver Member  Dresher, US  Nikonian since 10th Dec 2003 Tue 23-Jul-13 12:57 AM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom 5 printing issues to Epson 3800"
In response to Reply # 1

FYI ... tried tonight to restore a previous backup version of lightroom, one which I knew things were working. Didn't fix it.

Regarding your post, "does the LR preview image and rulers match what you expect ...", the LR preview image in the print module is actually blank (all white). It does show the orientation but not the image to be printed. As for rulers, everything looks good in that regard.

Attached is pdf file with screen prints.

Thanks.

http://www.nikonians.org/dcfp/user_files/256632.pdf

Attachment #1, (pdf file)

Alert Print | Top

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.   McAllen, US  Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002 Tue 23-Jul-13 03:29 AM
12084 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lightroom 5 printing issues to Epson 3800"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 23-Jul-13 03:31 AM by esantos

This is essentially a duplicate post that can be found in the Printers, Scanners, & Color Management forum here:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=198&topic_id=26420&mesg_id=26420&page=

In order to keep this thread consolidated please post your responses there. This thread is now closed. Thank you.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

Alert Print | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #11837 Previous topic | Next topic