nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11776
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where are Bridge and Photoshop CS6 preference files?" Previous topic | Next topic
cutupguy Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2008Mon 15-Jul-13 07:46 PM
115 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where are Bridge and Photoshop CS6 preference files?"

Tualatin, US

Windows 7 64
Bridge and Photoshop 64 bit

I would like to make a backup copy of good Bridge and Photoshop preferences files so when I have to reset them to fix an error I don't have to reconfigure every time.

Where are the files located for both Bridge and Photoshop?

Could I just shut down Bridge/Photoshop CS6 and then copy over the old (corrupted)preferences file with the backup copy?

Thanks!
Al

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Tue 16-Jul-13 06:02 PM
1035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where are Bridge and Photoshop CS6 preference files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Swisher, US

I'm not at home to verify, but I believe Adobe places these in your \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe directory. You'll find numerous subdirectories for your applications including CS6, Bridge, Camera Raw, etc.

Good hunting!

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

cutupguy Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2008Tue 16-Jul-13 08:37 PM
115 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where are Bridge and Photoshop CS6 preference files?"
In response to Reply # 1

Tualatin, US

Thanks, Paul. That gets me close, but I'm not sure which of those directories or files to backup/restore for Bridge. For Photoshop, there is a Settings directory and it looks like everything within it is what I want, but the structure for Bridge preferences is not so clear.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11776 Previous topic | Next topic