nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #11772
View in linear mode

Subject: "PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5" Previous topic | Next topic
largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Mon 15-Jul-13 04:48 PM
667 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"

When I installed LR5 all went well with PSE9.

All of a sudden I am having the following problem.

I pass off the file to PSE w/ LR adjustments.
The adjustments appear in the file that I am working on it PSE>
I do some work in PSE such as cleaning up spots etc and then save back to LR5.

When the file comes back, the color balance has changed significantly and the crop is off. I cannot say that it is coming back without LR edits as the color balance is way way off...

Any ideas ?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5 walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
15th Jul 2013
Reply message RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5 largebore Silver Member
15th Jul 2013
     Reply message RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5 walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
15th Jul 2013
15th Jul 2013
15th Jul 2013
16th Jul 2013
16th Jul 2013
16th Jul 2013
17th Jul 2013
17th Jul 2013
17th Jul 2013
17th Jul 2013
17th Jul 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Mon 15-Jul-13 05:06 PM
15271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you checked to make certain that the resulting TIFF or JPEG in LR doesn't have additional edits accidentally applied to it (by Lightroom). Hit the crop function button to see if LR is doing an additional edit and non-zero values for Develop module sliders are good indicators.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Mon 15-Jul-13 06:25 PM
667 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 1

>Have you checked to make certain that the resulting TIFF or
>JPEG in LR doesn't have additional edits accidentally applied
>to it (by Lightroom). Hit the crop function button to see if
>LR is doing an additional edit and non-zero values for Develop
>module sliders are good indicators.

I do not have any import pre-sets on LR if that is the question that you are asking.

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Mon 15-Jul-13 07:20 PM
15271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 2

Understand, but are any of the items I mentioned inadvertantly set?

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Mon 15-Jul-13 08:52 PM
#4. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 15-Jul-13 08:53 PM by largebore

>Understand, but are any of the items I mentioned
>inadvertantly set?

Where and what am I looking at and for ?

I am not aware of any settings that would create the changes that I mentioned... Not saying there are not, just do not know.

Where would I look to find them ?

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Mon 15-Jul-13 09:11 PM
#5. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 4

The items I mentioned in reply #1 would cause those problems.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Tue 16-Jul-13 01:49 PM
#6. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 5

>The items I mentioned in reply #1 would cause those
>problems.

Rick sorry for being so dense, but where am I looking to see if those settings have been changed? In LR or PSE ?

I am just not clear where these settings would be located in either program to check ???

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Tue 16-Jul-13 03:45 PM
#7. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 6

Lightroom. Just look at the sliders in the Develop module and see if they're altered from their default values (typically zero). Similarly, check to see if the image has been cropped in LR. In both cases, I'm asking you to check the TIFFs or JPEGs and not the original NEFs.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Tue 16-Jul-13 05:33 PM
#8. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 7

>Lightroom. Just look at the sliders in the Develop module
>and see if they're altered from their default values
>(typically zero). Similarly, check to see if the image has
>been cropped in LR. In both cases, I'm asking you to check
>the TIFFs or JPEGs and not the original NEFs.

Okee do kee

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Wed 17-Jul-13 02:49 AM
#9. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 7

>Lightroom. Just look at the sliders in the Develop module
>and see if they're altered from their default values
>(typically zero). Similarly, check to see if the image has
>been cropped in LR. In both cases, I'm asking you to check
>the TIFFs or JPEGs and not the original NEFs.

OK THE NEF FILE HAS

COLOR TEMP 2800
TINT +15

while the TIFF FILE that came back into LR had the settings changed to
TEMP -24
TINT -1

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Wed 17-Jul-13 03:26 AM
#10. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 9

The two scales don't have anything to do with each other, but the second indicates that a Lightroom preset is being applied to the image. It should be showing two zeros on those scales. Clear it (by hitting Reset), and the image should look fine. I'm not certain how a preset is being applied to the image - has it happened in multiple situations? Looking at the history panel may give you insights into what's happening.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Wed 17-Jul-13 03:58 AM
#11. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 10

>The two scales don't have anything to do with each other, but
>the second indicates that a Lightroom preset is being applied
>to the image. It should be showing two zeros on those scales.
> Clear it (by hitting Reset), and the image should look fine.
>I'm not certain how a preset is being applied to the image -
>has it happened in multiple situations? Looking at the
>history panel may give you insights into what's happening.

Yes the scales are different which only adds to the mystery...
Another thing that just happened is that I am now getting a message that my PSE9 has missing components from the application directory.

I removed PSE and redownloaded.

I can open up pSE just fine from the icon but when i try and edit in it, i still get the message that components are missing from the application directly.

Called adobe but they are closed.

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Wed 17-Jul-13 12:15 PM
#12. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 11

My point on the temperature and tint scales is that they should be different, and the values on the TIFF image should be zero. With the raw image, the scales show the white balance. With a TIFF or JPEG, it's not white balance, but a color and tint adjustment. The original values in the raw image shouldn't show up at all - you should have a temperature adjustment of zero and tint of zero. Again, I would look in the LR history panel and see what edits have been applied to that image. For a completely clean image out of PSE 9, it should just say "Edited in Adobe Photoshop Elements...). I suspect your will have that plus other entries. If those entries look familiar (for example, the same edits you made to another image or a preset name), it may narrow down what's happened (an inadvertent auto sync, something like that).

There may be something wrong with PSE9, but these are edits on the LR side, not the PSE9 side.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

largebore Silver Member  Clarks Summit, US  Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011 Wed 17-Jul-13 01:02 PM
#13. "RE: PSE 9 GETTING WACKY WITH LR5"
In response to Reply # 12

>My point on the temperature and tint scales is that they
>should be different, and the values on the TIFF image
>should be zero. With the raw image, the scales show the white
>balance. With a TIFF or JPEG, it's not white balance, but a
>color and tint adjustment. The original values in the raw
>image shouldn't show up at all - you should have a temperature
>adjustment of zero and tint of zero. Again, I would look in
>the LR history panel and see what edits have been applied to
>that image. For a completely clean image out of PSE 9, it
>should just say "Edited in Adobe Photoshop Elements...).
>I suspect your will have that plus other entries. If those
>entries look familiar (for example, the same edits you made to
>another image or a preset name), it may narrow down what's
>happened (an inadvertent auto sync, something like that).
>
>There may be something wrong with PSE9, but these are edits on
>the LR side, not the PSE9 side.

Gotcha, ok that explains the different scales... Thanks

Spoke with Adobe and I need to re-install LR tonight and will see what happens.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #11772 Previous topic | Next topic