Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11760
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6" Previous topic | Next topic
rizzos Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2006Sat 13-Jul-13 06:26 PM
177 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6"

Roseville, US

I am trying to get some sense of what is the difference between Adobe Bridge CC and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6 Extended.

Some background. I currently use Lightroom as my main photo editing program and use Photoshop when I want to do additional editing. As a general rule I was updating Lightroom as updates occurred and updated Photoshop every other generation. Additionally I use Adobe Acrobat Professional and updated that program every other generation.
About three months ago I decided to sign up for Adobe Creative Cloud for the then promotional monthly fee of $29.95 for one year. My rationale was that I was at the point where I would be updating both Lightroom and Acrobat and the cost of both programs would equate to about one year’s membership in Creative Cloud. With that monthly fee I was able to download Lightroom 5, Photoshop CS6 Extended, and Acrobat XI Pro. I also can download numerous other programs from Creative Cloud.

I now see that Creative Cloud now offers (which I downloaded) both Bridge CC and Photoshop CC. My first impression is that Photoshop CC is similar to Photoshop 6 but may not have all the bells and whistles of Photoshop CS6 Extended. Bridge CC is essentially the same as Bridge in Photoshop CS6 but in addition seems to have more capability for organizing and filtering photos. Am I correct that Bridge CC and Photoshop CC essentially duplicates Photoshop CS6 Extended? Is there any advantage of using the CC versions vs. the CS6 version?

I also see I can get only one program – say Photoshop CC for the $9.99/month promotional price. If I went this direction I would have to purchase to current generation of Lightroom and Acrobat.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Gene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6
M_Jackson Silver Member
13th Jul 2013
rizzos Silver Member
13th Jul 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
13th Jul 2013
rizzos Silver Member
15th Jul 2013
walkerr Administrator
15th Jul 2013

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 13-Jul-13 07:45 PM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6"
In response to Reply # 0

Jackson, US

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/photoshop-cc-features/

Photoshop CC has a lot of features you won't see in PS Creative Suite 6. You can do a lot of searches and view Adobe's web site for the complete list.

I was mentioning it to a friend, then read it on Scott Kelby's blog, but in CC, you can now make a layer into a smart object and then run ACR as a filter. Actually, you can run ACR on any object layer, even without the smart object assignment. This feature alone is worth having the CC version of Photoshop. Also, when doing HDR through Photoshop, there is now an option to do the 32 bit tone mapping in ACR.

The only reason people would use CS6 now is to be able to open PSD files in the future if they decide to drop CC or unless they find a bug in CC that they can't get around.

If you have LR, you probably don't need Bridge. And LR is part of the CC suite. No need to upgrade it, as you mentioned.

I believe you should have been able to get the entire CC collection for $19.99 per month if you already had CS6 and you ordered it before the end of August.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

rizzos Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2006Sat 13-Jul-13 10:21 PM
177 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6"
In response to Reply # 1

Roseville, US

Thanks for your response. I had a sense that Photoshop CC was more geared towards photography and CS6 was all inclusive with emphasis on graphics design.

I don't believe the $19.99/month would have been an option as my latest was CS5.

Gene

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 13-Jul-13 11:57 PM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6"
In response to Reply # 2

Jackson, US

Yes, I just checked. $29.99 per month for CS3 to CS5.5. I had CS6 so it was only $19.99 per month.

But, the full CC has EVERYTHING and not necessarily more geared to either Photographers or Graphic design.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

rizzos Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2006Mon 15-Jul-13 02:43 PM
#4. "RE: Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6"
In response to Reply # 3

Roseville, US

Thanks for the clarification. I will shift to using CC instead of CS6. However I will continue to keep CS6 on my computer since I had previously downloaded. In nine months when my year's rate of $29.95/month expires it will become decision time depending on the fee structure that Adobe adopts.

Gene

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Mon 15-Jul-13 02:55 PM
14594 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CS6"
In response to Reply # 2

Colorado Springs, US

Just in case it's not clear, CC includes all the features found in CS6 Extended, as well as new ones unique to CC. That includes the 3D features.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11760 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.