nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11427
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lightroom 5 Problem Already" Previous topic | Next topic
gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Sun 16-Jun-13 05:34 AM
2817 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom 5 Problem Already"

Aliso Viejo, US

Does anyone else have the problem of LR 5 taking much longer to render previews on Import? It is way slow compared to 4.

Thank You

Hecky

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Jun 2013
JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Jun 2013
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Jun 2013
16th Jun 2013
JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Jun 2013
16th Jun 2013
dagoldst Gold Member
17th Jun 2013
gheck58 Silver Member
17th Jun 2013
dagoldst Gold Member
19th Jun 2013
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
17th Jun 2013
gheck58 Silver Member
17th Jun 2013
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
17th Jun 2013
gheck58 Silver Member
17th Jun 2013
SWIMR Silver Member
18th Jun 2013
Dgastrong Gold Member
18th Jun 2013
Biffo Silver Member
18th Jun 2013
hujiie Silver Member
18th Jun 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
20th Jun 2013
gorji Silver Member
21st Jun 2013
gorji Silver Member
21st Jun 2013
Sasquatch519
24th Jul 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
26th Jul 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
26th Jul 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
29th Jul 2013
gheck58 Silver Member
02nd Aug 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
02nd Aug 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
02nd Aug 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
03rd Aug 2013

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Sun 16-Jun-13 01:10 PM
1385 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Yes!

But it "felt" like it might be more of a temporary freeze -- in that if I clicked on one of the blank images, suddenly a whole set suddenly displayed. Not enough tests yet to be sure that is the result, but I will watch carefully.

----
Dennis Smith.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sun 16-Jun-13 06:14 PM
5194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I haven't converted my catalog yet, so I'm just throwing out an idea. Are your preview rendering setting the same for LR5 as they were for LR4?

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Sun 16-Jun-13 07:01 PM
1385 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 16-Jun-13 07:02 PM by quenton8

Toronto, CA

>I haven't converted my catalog yet, so I'm just throwing out
>an idea. Are your preview rendering setting the same for LR5
>as they were for LR4?
>
>Jon Kandel
>A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
>Please visit my website and critique the
>images!

Its the import previews on the import screen (the ones with a little checkbox on each) that seem to be the problem.

My settings should be the same.

Its strange, it displays the first few and then more further down and a bunch in the middle seem to be blank. Clicking on them SEEMS to force the display -- but I have only done 3 imports and really only thought much about it on the 3rd one.

----
Dennis Smith.

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Sun 16-Jun-13 07:03 PM
#4. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 16-Jun-13 07:04 PM by quenton8

Toronto, CA

>I haven't converted my catalog yet, so I'm just throwing out
>an idea. Are your preview rendering setting the same for LR5
>as they were for LR4?
>
>Jon Kandel
>images!

Jon -- you need to turn OFF your font-color items in your signature - I don't mean to not USE the, but turn them off at the end so that a quoted reply does not continue in green -- as this one does.

----
Dennis Smith.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sun 16-Jun-13 08:41 PM
5194 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 4

New York, US

Done. Thanks!

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Sun 16-Jun-13 11:57 PM
#6. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 5

Toronto, CA

>Done. Thanks!
>
>Jon Kandel
>images!
>

Yup -- works better

----
Dennis Smith.

dagoldst Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012Mon 17-Jun-13 12:40 AM
2437 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 17-Jun-13 12:40 AM by dagoldst

Little Rock, US

>Does anyone else have the problem of LR 5 taking much longer
>to render previews on Import? It is way slow compared to 4.

I have not, but I have an SSD in my computer to eliminate the I/O issue that applications like LR encounter while updating the catalog.

David

"Sawed that board three times and it is still too short... "

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Mon 17-Jun-13 12:52 AM
2817 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 7

Aliso Viejo, US

Yes Dennis I have the same issue so it must be common. All my settings are the same as LR4.

And I do plan on updating to an SSD but it's still an issue that Adobe needs to fix so hopefully they will. Otherwise It was a waste of money as it's way too slow. My you, the images will import it just doesn't show the preview quickly, so you can't see what to delete.

Thank You

Hecky

dagoldst Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012Wed 19-Jun-13 02:06 AM
2437 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 8

Little Rock, US

>And I do plan on updating to an SSD but it's still an issue
>that Adobe needs to fix so hopefully they will.

Well, you might be waiting a while for the Adobe part.

My catalog is probably not as big as others, (around 500 meg), but with the SSD, I have noticed NO difference in import speeds vs LR4. BTW, I found LR4 painfully slow until the SSD upgrade.

Just another perspective.

David

"Sawed that board three times and it is still too short... "

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Mon 17-Jun-13 02:02 AM
2561 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

> "LR 5 taking much longer to render previews on Import?"

When I have a post-processing day (quite often in winter, rarely in summer, because of other activities), as soon as I get home from work, I kiss my wife, boot up the computer, upload photos and start "Render 1:1 previews". It may take half an hour or two hours, I don't know or care. When I've had my dinner, coffee and newspaper, LR is done with the previews and responds smooth as silk.

Regards, Antero

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Mon 17-Jun-13 02:48 AM
#10. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 9

Aliso Viejo, US

Thank you Antero. I would love to slow my life down a bit but at 1,590 images a week I don't have enough kids or wives to kiss. Hopefully Adobe fixes the issue.

Hecky

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Mon 17-Jun-13 07:03 AM
2561 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 10

Vantaa, FI

> "I don't have enough kids or wives to kiss. Hopefully Adobe fixes the issue."

I'm afraid you're expecting too much from Adobe :)

Antero

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Mon 17-Jun-13 08:17 PM
#12. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 11

Aliso Viejo, US

Not really. You should expect equal if not superior features and performance from Adobe or any other SW maker for that matter. Especially when they are charging you for it. These are tools for pros and they should work that way. There are other people reporting the same issue in the Adobe forums so it's a known bug. I'm sure they will correct it, hopefully with the next update.

Hecky

SWIMR Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Apr 2006Tue 18-Jun-13 05:01 AM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

US

No problem here. Mine is running on a newer Mac Mini, 2.6Gh Core 7, 8GB Ram. I wouldn't say its any faster or slower than when I had LR4....the original small thumbnails show up pretty fast. Are others who are seeing a problem running Macs or PCs?

Dgastrong Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Oct 2012Tue 18-Jun-13 05:24 AM
1244 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 13

Sonoita, US

Switched the other day. I do not notice any delays different than in 4. I have noticed with both versions that the import is a bit slow if the folder with the raw image files has a few hundred files. If the folder has only a few files then the import is very fast. I also noticed that the import may finish but the thumbnail images are blank until I run the mouse over the thumbnails; they all lite up then. I'm running windows 7 pro, and my raw files are on a WD external (2tb) USB3 drive.
Dale.

Biffo Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Jun 2004Tue 18-Jun-13 02:04 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

This may be completely irrelevant to your problem, but I found exactly the same when I installed Lightroom 5. I knew I must be doing something wrong as everything had worked fine in LR4 and though Lightroom is installed on my C drive (which is an SSD) and my pictures are all on my D Drive this hadn't caused slowness before.

I have now checked where the LR5 catalog is and find that the Catalog is in my F drive (not my C drive), which is an external USB pen drive which I use to backup the catalog each time I exit the program. I think this was my fault when I launched LR5 for the first time; I must have used the F drive as the source catalog.

Anyway I have just transferred the Catalog to my C drive and it's zipping along now. As I said at the start, this is only my experience and probably of no help to you, but it might be worth just checking that your catalog is in the right place. This article from Adobe help put me on the right track.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/create-catalogs.html

Good luck

David

hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009Tue 18-Jun-13 03:09 PM
562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I do not have any problems on mine from LR4 to LR5 on MacPro 10.8.
Perhaps the card reader I/o?

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011Thu 20-Jun-13 11:34 AM
3158 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Your previews will load way faster if you check the box in the upper right corner for "minimal" for "render previews." It's in the upper right corner when you open the import dialog in LR4. I'm assuming it's in the same place for LR5.

I normally only use the previews in grid format to rotate images, delete obvious bloopers, or look for a specific image. The minimal setting is adequate for that.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

gorji Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2007Fri 21-Jun-13 12:46 AM
311 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 18

Jamesville, US

Diane: I saw somewhere on Adobe TV that when you minimize previews they will load faster but if you render 1:1 it will take some time the first time but on subsequent rounds, it will actually take a shorter time. I wish I could remember where I saw that.
-------------
Please visit my galleries: Reza Gorji Photography

gorji Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2007Fri 21-Jun-13 12:43 AM
311 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

Jamesville, US

It may be that the preferences for showing the previews are not set to small but to full jpgs. Its located in the preferences,

Hope this helps.
-------------
Please visit my galleries: Reza Gorji Photography

Sasquatch519 Registered since 26th Mar 2013Wed 24-Jul-13 06:28 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I just upgraded this week. I also think the import feels slower, but I never measured in LR4 to be sure just how much slower it is. On the other hand though, I feel like movement in the Library and Develop modules is much faster, particularly with previews. I'm not really sure why import would have slowed down, but I'd rather wait a few extra seconds for the import to complete than wait one extra second when paging between images in the library.

------------------------------
Nikon D5100
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G
SB-700 AF Speedlight

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Fri 26-Jul-13 05:26 PM
688 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 21

Jackson, US

I've been watching posts here and on the Adobe Forums about various slow aspects of LR5. Interestingly, the slow issues are not the same on everyone's machines. Some have slowness in the Develop module. Mine works fine.

I have severe speed problems with moving files and adding keywords and metadata.

In the past six months, I switched to Nikon View NX2 (free) to view and cull images before importing the keepers into LR. I use the file manager / finder to move the images off the cards onto a folder on the hard drive and they copy D4 and D800 images to the hard drive at a speed of about 2 per second. (50 to 110 mb/sec). View NX2 previews the images faster on my system, so I can go through them quickly.

Today, I had around 81 images coming off a SD card (rated 95 mb/sec). Since they were all images I knew I was going to keep, I went ahead and let LR import them directly. Going through a USB3 reader, it still took a long time. Maybe 30 seconds per image from a D800. Out of curiosity, I went outside LR and copied the same files to a different folder on the hard drive. It copied all 81 in about 2-3 minutes. So, on the same system with LR being in the middle, it took a lot longer.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Fri 26-Jul-13 11:00 PM
762 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 22
Fri 26-Jul-13 11:03 PM by Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US

Newly bought LR-5. 2.4 Ghz iMac. Importing my entire library of images (about 11Gb) went pretty quick.

I imported from User>Pictures>NikonViewNX2. That was where all my uploaded images were planted by NVX2. Once LR thinks they are in a certain location, do not attempt to move them outside of LR. Drag and drop will cause nightmares.

And be aware of the post made by Julianne Kost about this issue. She is an Adobe spokesperson with many videos on the Adobe website. She says in response to many questions about time lags for new imports that new images are imported temporarily according to the color profiles set by the camera. But then, things slow down will LR works on these files to render them according to LR color profiles/contrast/brightness/hue. Your computer needs a bit of time to chew on these images and convert to LR profiles. But only for the first time. See here video on this topic here:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-complete-picture-with-julieanne-kost/why-does-the-photographs-preview-change-in-lightroom-and-bridge/

So, after importing, let the computer work on them for awhile. In fact, why not view of Julianne's tutorials. They are quite instructive.

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Mon 29-Jul-13 03:18 PM
688 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 23
Mon 29-Jul-13 04:50 PM by M_Jackson

Jackson, US

Bravoulu,

Let me throw back a few comments that might help you on this.

First, you can copy images from a CF,SD,XQD card to any folder you want and then point Nikon View NX2 to that folder. It doesn't care where they are. You probably have your NX2 preferences set to automatically copy all incoming images into your default user/pictures folder. I like to have total control over that aspect, so I copy them where I want before View gets involved. (I also turned off the auto import option in LR)

Second, AFTER I do all of my culling in View NX2 and end up with about 5% to 10% of the keepers, I import them into a temporary import folder in LR where I catalog them and add keywords and metadata. Now, Lightroom knows how to keep track of them. After all of the keywords and metadata are added, I use the tools in Lightroom to move them from the temp folder to specific folder for long term storage.

The reason I adopted this workflow is the speed Windows copies the files to my hard drive and the huge difference in speed I get for the initial rendering in View. I shoot 700 to 1200 in a day regularly. The speed issue is critical to me—made much worse with a D800 and its large files. With this workflow, I am only dealing with rendering a few images in LR, vs hundreds or a thousand +. I'd eliminate the View portion in a heartbeat if LR imported faster and previewed much, much faster.

I watched the linked video just now.

The original question was about LR5 being slow while importing and previewing. I would assume the person asked this question based on having used LR4 for a while before switching to LR5. We've always had to wait a little while for the rendering, but 5 takes longer right now.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

gheck58 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Fri 02-Aug-13 01:23 AM
#25. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 24

Aliso Viejo, US

Just to let everyone know, the 5.2 release fixed my original problem. I have never noticed any other issue so I can't say what else it has corrected.

Hecky

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Fri 02-Aug-13 06:15 AM
#26. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 25

Jackson, US

Thanks for the heads up. I have been checking for updates fairly often while in LR but it always says it is up to date. I did a search and found 5.2 but it is still a "Release Candidate". I'll wait a few days and watch for the official release through the cloud.

Nice to know something is on the horizon.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Fri 02-Aug-13 07:15 AM
762 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 26

Los Angeles, US

This video put out by Adobe doesn't directly address the delay as measured in time, but it explains what is going on shortly after Import. And obviously, this much adjustment takes time.

A video Tutorial by Julianne Kost.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-complete-picture-with-julieanne-kost/why-does-the-photographs-preview-change-in-lightroom-and-bridge/

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Sat 03-Aug-13 12:39 AM
#28. "RE: Lightroom 5 Problem Already"
In response to Reply # 27

Jackson, US

No, I get it. But, I don't know why the same operations are taking so much longer in LR 5 than it did in LR 4. Same catalog, same computer, same camera with the same size images...it takes a lot longer performing a long list of operations right now.

I am hoping the 5.2 release will fix some of it.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11427 Previous topic | Next topic