Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11337
View in linear mode

Subject: "Protecting photographs while informing visitors" Previous topic | Next topic
newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Tue 11-Jun-13 12:02 AM
2000 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Protecting photographs while informing visitors"
Tue 11-Jun-13 12:02 AM by newbird

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA

Hi,

I find the strategy of Nate Zeman very interesting to both restrict unauthorized/unreferenced usages of his images while at the same time informing the visitors of his web site. If one uses this strategy with his name or web site address in the transparent band, those who copy the images would either spend a lot of time to erase the text or they would provide visibility to your site.

Look for the photos (not the examples of displays in rooms) at

http://www.natezeman.com/

and please tell me if this can be done without CS6.

Do you feel it would be a good method to use on Google+ where we can display very large images?

Thanks for your thoughts !

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Protecting photographs while informing visitors
blw Moderator
11th Jun 2013
newbird Silver Member
11th Jun 2013
blw Moderator
11th Jun 2013
newbird Silver Member
12th Jun 2013
danshep Silver Member
11th Jun 2013

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Tue 11-Jun-13 12:12 AM
26590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Protecting photographs while informing visitors"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Certainly - it can be done in Lightroom with a graphic watermark.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Tue 11-Jun-13 02:20 AM
2000 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Protecting photographs while informing visitors"
In response to Reply # 1

Great!

How do you feel about his watermarking method? To me, it seems to be the most elegant and efficient method. Do you agree?

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Tue 11-Jun-13 11:11 AM
26590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Protecting photographs while informing visitors"
In response to Reply # 2

Richmond, US

I think it won't stop folks who are determined thieves. It does look better than the typical intrusive watermark, though.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Wed 12-Jun-13 01:16 AM
#5. "RE: Protecting photographs while informing visitors"
In response to Reply # 3

I agree, but it much more work and will certainly refrain several persons from copying.

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian

danshep Silver Member Charter MemberTue 11-Jun-13 04:21 PM
1314 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Protecting photographs while informing visitors"
In response to Reply # 0

Olympia, US

My first thought was elegant and sophisticated.

"Today is the tomorrow that yesterday you spent money like there was no"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11337 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.