nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
quenton8

Toronto, CA
1420 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Fri 07-Jun-13 03:26 PM

My main photo folders are on an external USB-3 drive.

It seems that for the last 2 months, my photos have been being imported to "My Documents/..." instead of the external drive.

I presume I must have somehow changed the target location, but certainly had not intended to.

I seem to remember this happening way back when I first got LR3, but I didn't know what I was doing back then, so I kind of forgot about it.

This is really scary as my backup copies from one external drive to 2 others, and it was only by glancing at the log of this backup and seeing nothing much copied recently that clued me in.

It would be nice if you could somehow "lock in" some settings.

I guess one just has to be watching all the time.

----
Dennis Smith.

G