nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #11282
View in linear mode

Subject: "Uploading to Nikonians Forums From LR4" Previous topic | Next topic
rosewood_ltd Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Akron, US  Nikonian since 10th Sep 2008 Fri 07-Jun-13 03:03 AM
594 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Uploading to Nikonians Forums From LR4"

I'm trying to find the most efficient way to upload some of my images to various forum threads from LR4. Right now, I use PS 5, File: Save for Web and Devices, which is cumbersome, as multiple tweaks seem to be necessary to find the right quality level to stay within the file size constraints. Ideally, I'd like to run some kind of script, but using the droplet function in Photoshop (File: Automate:create droplet) doesn't look like it will allow me to create the kind of custom action I have in mind for auto-resizing. Does anyone have any further thoughts or suggestions on what might be feasible?

Many thanks!

Russ

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Zenfolio page: www.yellowcreekstudio.zenfolio.com

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Rob_ZN Gold Member  Durban, ZA  Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2012 Fri 07-Jun-13 07:20 AM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Uploading to Nikonians Forums From LR4"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi.

You can create a publish to hard drive service in Lightroom and set the parameters you require in there (max height/width and file size among other things).
Once it's done, you just drag the image you want to publish to the service you created and publish them. Lightroom will create files on your hard drive based on what you specified in the publish service settings. You can then upload those files where you need to.

You can also set up multiple publish via hard drive services to cater for differing requirments on forums/clubs, etc.

Hope that helps
Rob

rosewood_ltd Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Akron, US  Nikonian since 10th Sep 2008 Fri 07-Jun-13 02:51 PM
594 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Uploading to Nikonians Forums From LR4"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, Rob. I'll give that a whirl and see how it goes.

Russ

My Zenfolio page: www.yellowcreekstudio.zenfolio.com

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.   Vantaa, FI  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009 Sun 09-Jun-13 11:18 PM
2584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Uploading to Nikonians Forums From LR4"
In response to Reply # 2

As an alternative, you can export with desired settings and name that set of settings. For example I have saved Nik1200 and Nik1000 settings to export to jpg, with the long side to 1200 or 1000 pixels, 300 kB max, sharpening to screen, and so on. On subsequent runs, I only select Nik1200 or Nik1000 settings. No need to adjust individual parameters.

Regards, Antero

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #11282 Previous topic | Next topic