Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11161
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lightroom lost its mind. Help!" Previous topic | Next topic
largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Tue 21-May-13 04:09 AM
666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"

Clarks Summit, US

I am using Lightroom 3.6 in a tethered shooting enviroment.
The tethering software is "Control My Nikon"

The software brings in the image and puts it into a watched folder.

Ok, I just switched from using a laptop which worked perfectly to a desktop computer in order to get a better graphics display.

The problem now is that I set the white balance in the camera @ 2850
LR is set "as shot"
When the image is brought in to LR the module changes from "as shot" to "custom" with a color temp of 5600 or so.
The camera is set at 2850 and the lights are CFL and 2850 is a good color balance number.

The tethering software has a viewer and it displays at the correct color temp.. This is very strange the way the setting on the module will change to this customer color temp that makes no sense at all.

Any thoughts ???

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
21st May 2013
largebore Silver Member
21st May 2013
Gamecocks Silver Member
21st May 2013
largebore Silver Member
21st May 2013
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional.
21st May 2013
largebore Silver Member
22nd May 2013
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional.
22nd May 2013

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Tue 21-May-13 09:38 AM
2537 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

I am not at my postprocessing computer, and I don't even have LR 3.x installed anymore. But when you have the import dialog open, there are options for processing the photos on import. For example: Auto Tone. If you disable all processing on import, the photos should be imported "as shot".

Regards, Antero

largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Tue 21-May-13 11:19 AM
666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 1

Clarks Summit, US

>I am not at my postprocessing computer, and I don't even have
>LR 3.x installed anymore. But when you have the import dialog
>open, there are options for processing the photos on import.
>For example: Auto Tone. If you disable all processing on
>import, the photos should be imported "as shot".
>
>Regards, Antero

Noted.. I will check the settings, they are however are at their default settings as I just did a fresh download for the install on the desktop computer..

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Tue 21-May-13 01:14 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Is it possible that since you set the camera WB to a custom number instead of Auto that the program picks that up as being "custom"?

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Tue 21-May-13 01:50 PM
#4. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue 21-May-13 01:51 PM by largebore

Clarks Summit, US

>Is it possible that since you set the camera WB to a custom
>number instead of Auto that the program picks that up as being
>"custom"?
>
>John

No, the reason that I say that is because it was working perfectly on my laptop... I changed over to a desktop and reloaded LR etc. and the problem only just occurred.

I read something on an Adobe forum about this happening but the thread did not have a resolution to the problem.

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Tue 21-May-13 09:16 PM
1312 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 4

Toronto, CA

You might try looking at the meta-data (without LR).

I you don't have a meta-data reader, you might try downloading and installing "Photo-ME" -- which is a REALLY nice program that does not seem to have had any support in a few years

In Photo-ME you would open the file in question, then look for "White Balance". There is a simple CTRL/F find capability and you just need to type "white" to it and it should find it. See what IT says.

----
Dennis Smith.

largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Wed 22-May-13 11:37 AM
#6. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 5

Clarks Summit, US

>You might try looking at the meta-data (without LR).
>
>I you don't have a meta-data reader, you might try downloading
>and installing "Photo-ME" -- which is a REALLY nice
>program that does not seem to have had any support in a few
>years
>
>In Photo-ME you would open the file in question, then look for
>"White Balance". There is a simple CTRL/F find
>capability and you just need to type "white" to it
>and it should find it. See what IT says.
>

I tried and checked all import and develop settings. I just gave up. Deleted the program and re-downloaded and re-installed. works fines now.

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Wed 22-May-13 12:46 PM
1312 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Lightroom lost its mind. Help!"
In response to Reply # 6

Toronto, CA

>
>I tried and checked all import and develop settings. I just
>gave up. Deleted the program and re-downloaded and
>re-installed. works fines now.

Very strange -- I hate when things like that happen!

----
Dennis Smith.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11161 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.