Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11145
View in linear mode

Subject: "Self Ejecting Drive- Is this a LR4 issue?" Previous topic | Next topic
poc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008Mon 20-May-13 02:09 AM
267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Self Ejecting Drive- Is this a LR4 issue?"

Glenview, US

As I was running out of space, I recently migrated my catalog and images to a Lacie Thunderbolt drive which is connected through an Apple Thunderbolt display. I have a recent Macbook pro.

Worked fine at first, then I began to get catalog error messages in LR4 and general messages about the disk not being ejected properly. It was sporadic at first, now happens every time I access the catalog.

I have tried restarting the computer and plugging the drive directly into the laptop. Same thing. I have Googled the topic but have not come up with anything useful.

It does not seem to be a LR issue to me, but I am curious that this only happened after I changed the catalog over to this drive which was previously my backup.

Any insights would be appreciated.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Mon 20-May-13 04:48 AM
6238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Self Ejecting Drive- Is this a LR4 issue?"
In response to Reply # 0

Albuquerque, US

Seems common, POC.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2151621?start=150&tstart=0

~LarryC (eLCee)

sabbey51 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Mon 20-May-13 08:50 PM
564 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Self Ejecting Drive- Is this a LR4 issue?"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 20-May-13 08:51 PM by sabbey51

Saddle river, US

I've been having this forever with my Seagate USB2 drives on an iMac. Can't figure out a fix. It has nothing to do with LR.

poc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008Mon 20-May-13 09:15 PM
267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Self Ejecting Drive- Is this a LR4 issue?"
In response to Reply # 2

Glenview, US

Thank you for the reply.
There does not seem to be a concensus out there and in my case it won't recognize the drive at all.

Luckily, I have not been using this drive too long so I can always go back to my old drive and catalog.

You just want to kick yourself when you get the most expensive equipment thinking it will save you from this stuff. Lesson re-learned.

If I find out anything I will post.

PC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11145 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.