Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11088
View in linear mode

Subject: "Memory leak in LR4?" Previous topic | Next topic
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Fri 17-May-13 07:19 AM
26546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Memory leak in LR4?"

Richmond, US

This week I've been cleaning up some of the details of my main catalog, and one of them is setting the ITPC copyright info. I've had an appropriate image comment for years, but these fields have been blank.

I set up a ITPC copyright preset to use. All it does is set the copyright, copyright status and rights usage terms fields. Then I selected a whole year's worth of images and applied the preset. To my surprise, this ran me out of memory! Yes it was 20k images, but I was only adding a reference to what, about 50 bytes to each of the 20k files. I quit LR and started it again, and observed that after it started I had about 1.2GB memory in use for LR4. I repeated the experiment for the next year's worth of files, and I watched in Activity Monitor as memory consumption grew from 1.2GB to 9.6GB! This doesn't seem correct to me.

Does this happen on other systems? Anyone know how to file a bug with Adobe?

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Fri 17-May-13 11:17 PM
2493 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Memory leak in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vantaa, FI

If all of the Nikonians have forgotten the address for LR bug reports, you can ask for the address on the Adobe/LR forum.

Regards, Antero

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #11088 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.