nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10767
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yellow Cast and Batch Processing" Previous topic | Next topic
gvrao88 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Mar 2013Thu 25-Apr-13 01:37 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Yellow Cast and Batch Processing"
Thu 25-Apr-13 03:21 PM by esantos

Alpharetta, US

At times i get yelloe cast in my pictures. I shoot with D800 and 24-70 2.8.

Is there a plugin for lightroom that would fix the yellow cast in pictures?

Also, i am looking for a plugin that would help to batch process the pictures with an automatic corrections? I know how to do the batch process in light room, but the choosing the presettings of one picture doesn't help much, because every picture has different ISO,shutter speed, and F stops when we shoot the poctures.

I shoot in Aperture mode. Any help would be really appriciated.

Thanks
Venkat.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Thu 25-Apr-13 03:23 PM
11891 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Yellow Cast and Batch Processing"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Adjusting the white balance should remove color casts. I'm not familiar with any plug-in for LR that will adjust images with different exposure levels so that they are all adjusted to the same level.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Thu 25-Apr-13 10:27 PM
1351 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Yellow Cast and Batch Processing"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 25-Apr-13 10:29 PM by quenton8

Toronto, CA

A question ...

• do you know WHY some of your photos have a yellow cast? Might be interesting. Unless you have a brilliant yellow lightbulb, not sure why some should be that different? (Our church has greenish lighting, and sunlight, it IS difficult).

There are a couple of things you might try to adjust a batch of photos ...
  • in Quick-Develop (which is actually in the Library module) try adjusting one photo, and then syncing that to others -- the Quick-Develop actions are relative not absolute.
  • again in Quick-Develop, see what the "Auto-Tone" action does for you, then apply that to the batch. I don't think you can use "Sync" for that, but you can select the batch and then do Auto-Tone for all of them.

I suspect that I am like a number of LR users, and I seldom use Quick-Develop -- but it does seem to have its uses.

----
Dennis Smith.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10767 Previous topic | Next topic