Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10372
View in linear mode

Subject: "LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences"" Previous topic | Next topic
mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Thu 14-Mar-13 11:13 PM
489 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""

Simcoe, CA

I'd like to use Silver Efex Pro instead of Color Efex Pro. How can I do that without going into Edit/Preferences and changing the "Additional External Editor"? for this onetime use of Silver EP. I usually use Color EP.

Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferenc...
walkerr Administrator
15th Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
15th Mar 2013
walkerr Administrator
15th Mar 2013
cchoc Moderator
15th Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
16th Mar 2013
walkerr Administrator
16th Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
cchoc Moderator
21st Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
cchoc Moderator
21st Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
22nd Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
22nd Mar 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Fri 15-Mar-13 02:26 AM
14400 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

That's where you specify external editors (and you can have a large number of them) - there isn't an alternate location. Simply add Silver Efex (takes less time than it did for me to write this note) and then delete it from the list.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Fri 15-Mar-13 12:03 PM
489 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 1

Simcoe, CA

Too bad there isn't an easier way to select these. I have to go select "Choose Application" and then navigate to Windows Explorer/Programs/Nik Software/Silver Efex Pro or whatever program I want and then find the application file.

Is this the easy way, or am I missing something?

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Fri 15-Mar-13 01:06 PM
14400 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 2

Colorado Springs, US

Yes, but keep in mind that it happens automatically when you install a Nik plug-in.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberFri 15-Mar-13 08:35 PM
4515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 2

Marietta, US

As Rick mentions, when you install your Nik plugins in LR4 they are automatically added to the drop down list you see in LR when you right click an image and choose "edit in".

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Sat 16-Mar-13 09:48 PM
#5. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 4

Simcoe, CA

I don't see them in the drop down list appearing after the "Edit in" selection is made. THe only one in bold print and selectable is the one I put into the Edit/Preferences/CHoose box. I have to go into the Window Explorer and find the application file of the program I wish to use and put it into the Choose box. I don't understand why they don't appear??

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sat 16-Mar-13 10:02 PM
#6. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 5

Colorado Springs, US

Did you have Lightroom at the time you installed the plug-ins?

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Thu 21-Mar-13 01:40 AM
#7. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 6

Simcoe, CA

Yes.

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberThu 21-Mar-13 11:09 AM
4515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 7

Marietta, US

What do you see when you go to /users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/Eternal Editor Presets? You should have a .lrtemplate file for each "editor" you have installed.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Thu 21-Mar-13 02:11 PM
#9. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 8

Simcoe, CA

I have c:/Users/Michael/Adobe PSE, applogs etc. but no AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets.

I do have c:/Program Files/Nik Software for Lightroom Plugin/Color Efex Pro4 , HDR Efex..., Silver Efex Pro 2, and Viveza 2

Thats odd because I remember when I was having issue with PSE9 I saw these names, like Roaming and AppData.

cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography Charter MemberThu 21-Mar-13 02:29 PM
#10. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 9

Marietta, US

I haven't used win in a long time so my memory is fuzzy, but you might have to 'unhide' the directories to see them. I think you do this is control panel/folder options/show hidden files and folders.

Charlie...
stalking light

Nikonians Team Member

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Fri 22-Mar-13 12:08 AM
#11. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 10

Simcoe, CA

OK,I'll try that. Mine were hidden.

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Fri 22-Mar-13 12:15 AM
#12. "RE: LR4 - Changing "Edit in" outside of "Edit/Preferences""
In response to Reply # 10

Simcoe, CA

OK. I see there is the editor template for each of those i have installed, Color Efex Pro, Sharpener, Viveza, Silver Efex Pro.

So now that we can say they are there, now what??

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10372 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.