Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10231
View in linear mode

Subject: "moving files to new HD in LR4" Previous topic | Next topic
recidivist Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Nov 2005Thu 14-Feb-13 10:19 AM
376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"moving files to new HD in LR4"

London, GB

I need to move the files that make up my catalogue to a new disc to free up space. I can't find instructions which allow me to do this within LR - or at least, I'm not sure if I've got the right instructions.

Obviously, I want to preserve all the LR changes and work, and to be able to continue accessing these files and the relevant LR settings from within the catalogue in LR. This is not an archiving or backup operation, it's effectively a storage expansion for the live catalogue.

Could anyone please point me to a reliable and idiot-proof instruction page? There's a huge amount of work invested in these files and some busy days ahead. I don't want to lose stuff or be spending days retracing steps and undoing mistakes.

(I have searched for this, but every instruction page includes sentences like "(Option) you can also move the files" which doesn't fill me with absolute confidence. I don't want an option, I want a certainty.)

tia

Nick

Detail stolen from reality

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Rob_ZN Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2012Thu 14-Feb-13 10:53 AM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: moving files to new HD in LR4"
In response to Reply # 0

Durban, ZA

Here's a link to a post on the Adobe Community forum that explains the move.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4858802

Hope that helps.

Rob

recidivist Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Nov 2005Thu 14-Feb-13 11:06 AM
376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: moving files to new HD in LR4"
In response to Reply # 1

London, GB

Many thanks, Rob. That looks definitive. Now, all I have to do is to get my Mac pro to recognise the new HD..it's never easy...

Nick

Detail stolen from reality

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10231 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.