nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
recidivist

London, UK
376 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
recidivist Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Nov 2005
Thu 14-Feb-13 10:19 AM

I need to move the files that make up my catalogue to a new disc to free up space. I can't find instructions which allow me to do this within LR - or at least, I'm not sure if I've got the right instructions.

Obviously, I want to preserve all the LR changes and work, and to be able to continue accessing these files and the relevant LR settings from within the catalogue in LR. This is not an archiving or backup operation, it's effectively a storage expansion for the live catalogue.

Could anyone please point me to a reliable and idiot-proof instruction page? There's a huge amount of work invested in these files and some busy days ahead. I don't want to lose stuff or be spending days retracing steps and undoing mistakes.

(I have searched for this, but every instruction page includes sentences like "(Option) you can also move the files" which doesn't fill me with absolute confidence. I don't want an option, I want a certainty.)

tia

Nick

Detail stolen from reality

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G