Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10212
View in linear mode

Subject: "Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?" Previous topic | Next topic
kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Sun 10-Feb-13 06:58 PM
795 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"

Seattle, US

Can I make drop shadows, for presenting images, using LR or PSE10?

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?
elcee Silver Member
11th Feb 2013
kennoll Gold Member
11th Feb 2013
elcee Silver Member
11th Feb 2013
kennoll Gold Member
11th Feb 2013
elcee Silver Member
11th Feb 2013
kennoll Gold Member
11th Feb 2013
BSchirm Gold Member
13th Feb 2013

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Mon 11-Feb-13 03:52 AM
6247 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 0

Albuquerque, US

LR? No drop shadows without installing something like Perfect Layers.
PSE? Try this webpage:
http://www.alibony.com/pse/122208shadow.htm

~LarryC (eLCee)

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Mon 11-Feb-13 05:31 AM
795 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 1

Seattle, US

Thanks Larry.

I followed the instructions and am getting closer. I need to figure out how to resize the image layer to fit the background better. More fiddling around til I get it right.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Mon 11-Feb-13 02:15 PM
6247 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 2

Albuquerque, US

On my wife's copy of PSE10, I clicked the Move tool when on the top/image layer, and fully expected to be able
to drag one of the handles to resize it, jut like I do it in Photoshop. Not sure why I can't do it. Make sure 'Show
Bounding Box' is checked.

~LarryC (eLCee)

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Mon 11-Feb-13 07:33 PM
#4. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 3

Seattle, US

Larry,

Thanks for your input on this. It has been really helpful. Attached is a test pic. I couldn't find the "Show Bounding Box" option but did find something called "Transform" that allowed me to reduce the subject image over the blank background. Once that was done then I applied the drop shadow effect.

Still working on this to become a bit more proficient.

Thanks again,

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Mon 11-Feb-13 09:56 PM
#5. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 4

Albuquerque, US

I'm only happy to help, especially hen my help enables you to show us a great image.
While scrolling quickly, I thought I saw the banks of the Seine due to the old-timey processing.
Scrolling back, I see the trees across the lake. Yes, time for new glasses.

~LarryC (eLCee)

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Mon 11-Feb-13 11:42 PM
#6. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 5

Seattle, US

Thanks for the comment on the image Larry. It does look like "old-timey" processing but it's really just the late sun trying to come through the fog.

I downloaded a free copy of Perfect Effects 4 so will play with that in LR. Thanks for the sideways tip on that.

I hear you on glasses...I have so many pair around that I can't find...drives me nuts.

Take care.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Wed 13-Feb-13 02:45 PM
2589 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Drop Shadows in LR? PSE10?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

Ken,

You might also look at Tim Armes' LR plug-in call LR/Mogrify. While it cannot generate a drop shadow, it has all sorts of features for quickly determining how your images are presented, including borders, text, annotations, watermarks, etc. It does many other things too. And it works seamlessly with LR. When you go to export an image, all of the features are there to select.

http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10212 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.