Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10207
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?" Previous topic | Next topic
JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter MemberSat 09-Feb-13 11:58 PM
906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?"

Frederick, US

This question is on behalf of a friend of mine who is trying to figure out if he can import into LR4 albums that he created in Elements. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?
robcran Silver Member
10th Feb 2013
JerryLoSardo Gold Member
11th Feb 2013
Antero52 Silver Member
11th Feb 2013
JerryLoSardo Gold Member
12th Feb 2013
FredB D3 Silver Member
13th Feb 2013

robcran Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sun 10-Feb-13 11:21 PM
809 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?"
In response to Reply # 0

Westleigh, AU

Jerry,

Yes you can. Here is a link to a video which shows you how.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/going-from-photoshop-elements-to-lightroom/importing-an-elements-catalog-to-lightroom/

This video is based on a Mac system but I think Windows is similar.

Robert
Sydney Nikonian

JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter MemberMon 11-Feb-13 01:36 AM
906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?"
In response to Reply # 1

Frederick, US

Thank you, Robert, I'll pass on the link to my friend.

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009Mon 11-Feb-13 11:05 AM
2508 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?"
In response to Reply # 2

Vantaa, FI

Jerry, Robert

Are you talking about catalogs (entire sets of images managed by the respective programs) or albums (PSE term) and collections (LR term), which are subsets of the catalogs? If the question is how to convert PSE catalogs to LR catalogs, it's basically a no-brainer as LR suggests to do that on install if a PSE catalog in the same computes is detected.

But when I switched from PSE to LR, I'm not sure if I had albums (which may have been converted to LR collections), or if I created all my collections after changing to LR.

Note that some of PSE features have no equivalent in LR, such as stacks spanning multiple folders, or version sets (which are converted to stacks, methinks).

Regards, Antero

JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter MemberTue 12-Feb-13 08:34 AM
#4. "RE: Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?"
In response to Reply # 3

Frederick, US

Antero,
I believe my friend was referring to albums in PSE.

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

FredB D3 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2008Wed 13-Feb-13 11:11 AM
862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Can you import albums from Elements into LR4?"
In response to Reply # 4

Potomac, US

Hi Jerry,

Unless you already have the answer, it might be helpful if you could tell us what type of file, in terms of the file's extension, your friend wants to import - albumname.?

Fred
Maryland, USA

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10207 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.