Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10135
View in linear mode

Subject: "Starting Digital Processing" Previous topic | Next topic
tityansk Registered since 14th Nov 2008Thu 31-Jan-13 12:59 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Starting Digital Processing"

PUNE, IN

Hi All,

I have shooting digital for last 2 years but do not have good know how of digital processing. I have decided to invest into tools, and knowledge because I feel I need to learn digital processing for better results.

I have LightRoom 4.2 downloaded.

Where do I start?
Which books?

Thanks.

Regards,
Hemant
Nikonian from Pune, India
F80, D90

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Starting Digital Processing
walkerr Administrator
31st Jan 2013
tityansk
04th Feb 2013
Gamecocks Silver Member
31st Jan 2013
tityansk
05th Feb 2013
BSchirm Gold Member
04th Feb 2013
tityansk
05th Feb 2013
scenicshutterbug Silver Member
05th Feb 2013
Brent Melton Silver Member
09th Feb 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Thu 31-Jan-13 01:29 PM
14432 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

Check out the new FAQ at the top of this forum section. It should help.

www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=319&topic_id=10136&mesg_id=10136&page=

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

tityansk Registered since 14th Nov 2008Mon 04-Feb-13 12:28 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 1

PUNE, IN

Thanks Rick.

This surely helps.

Regards,
Hemant
F80, D90

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Thu 31-Jan-13 03:47 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Hi Hemant,

Rick gave you some very good directions. I have the Martin Evening "Photoshop LR 4" book and have found it to be very useful. The book really goes in-depth and I have found it helps me to keep notes as I go through the pages. Go on-line to the free Adobe TV series - Learn LR4 and Getting Started with Adobe LR4 - and you can sort of jump start your learning process. Good luck and enjoy the new experience.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

tityansk Registered since 14th Nov 2008Tue 05-Feb-13 12:13 PM
#5. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 2

PUNE, IN

Thanks John.

I will check the availability of the book in India.

-Hemant

Regards,
Hemant
F80, D90

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Mon 04-Feb-13 02:53 PM
2559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

I second the recommendation for the Martin Evening book. It covers virtually every subject in good detail.

Rick referenced the FAQ anchored at the top of the page. That has a good resource list. But don't overlook Rick's other post, also anchored at the top of the page, with suggested tips. Once you get a good handle on LR, take a look at those tips. They're very helpful.

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

tityansk Registered since 14th Nov 2008Tue 05-Feb-13 12:14 PM
#6. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 4

PUNE, IN

Thanks Barry.

-Hemant

Regards,
Hemant
F80, D90

scenicshutterbug Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2008Tue 05-Feb-13 06:33 PM
896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 0

Richland, US

Check out the resources on Adobe TV.

Karen

Brent Melton Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Apr 2012Sat 09-Feb-13 05:48 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Starting Digital Processing"
In response to Reply # 0

Denton, US

I agree with Karen's recommendation to look at the tutorials on Adobe TV website for Lightroom. I am new to Lightroom and I find them very informative and explained simply. I think they are a great place to begin.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10135 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.