Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10042
View in linear mode

Subject: "LR4 Help" Previous topic | Next topic
del7401 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2003Wed 23-Jan-13 11:25 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LR4 Help"

Summerville, US

Just started using LR4 and need a good book to learn the basics.
Recommendations would be appreciated.

Dave

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

llevine Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Jul 2007Thu 24-Jan-13 04:20 AM
366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LR4 Help"
In response to Reply # 0

El Paso, US

There are lots of good books. My suggestion would be to visit the Adobe Lightroom site and start looking at the many instructional videos that are for free. That will give you a jump start. Then start considering a book. The Kelby book is good. I just bought the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book by Martin Evening. I just started reading it and it looks pretty good. Good luck. You will like the program.

hilowj Registered since 10th Dec 2007Fri 25-Jan-13 11:02 AM
320 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "Lr 4"
In response to Reply # 0

Asheville, US

Hi Dave,

I just recently installed Lightroom 4 after using Capture NX2 for years. I also bought the Scott Kelby book and can recommend it for a good basic introduction to get you up and running. That being said, I just ordered the Martin Evening book which I believe goes into more detail which is what I am looking for.

Jay

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Fri 25-Jan-13 01:00 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LR4 Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Hi Dave,

I can recommend the Martin Evening LR4 book. Within the 679 pages you'll find loads of information, tips, notes, examples of what to do or not do. He takes you from first steps to last steps in a very informative manner. LR also has "Learn LR4/adobe tv" and "Getting started with LR4" instructional series that are very helpful. Good luck.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10042 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.