Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10025
View in linear mode

Subject: "Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?" Previous topic | Next topic
guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005Tue 22-Jan-13 01:53 PM
953 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?"

Rugby, GB

Hi folks,

I've signed up to Creative Cloud and have found it to have been pretty well thought out and intuitive. However, Whilst installing CS6 today a though occurred to me - If after a year I don't carry on subscribing, will all the products i've downloaded no longer work? or will I just no longer get the updates?

As an aside - I really wish that ALL of the typekit fonts were available directly from within Adobe Muse. It tends to be the less desirable ones that are available. Just a small gripe!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?
walkerr Administrator
22nd Jan 2013
guyparker
22nd Jan 2013
walkerr Administrator
22nd Jan 2013
tcerul
23rd Jan 2013
walkerr Administrator
23rd Jan 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Tue 22-Jan-13 03:02 PM
14448 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

Your license will "time out" when you no longer have an active subscription.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005Tue 22-Jan-13 03:10 PM
953 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?"
In response to Reply # 1

Rugby, GB

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by that - will I have to revert back to CS3? & LR3 (what I was previously on?).

So if I've processed files using CS6 I won't be able to open them in CS3?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Tue 22-Jan-13 05:17 PM
14448 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?"
In response to Reply # 2

Colorado Springs, US

Eventually, you will see a pop-up menu asking you to sign in again using your Adobe account. If you don't have a current license, your copy of CS6 will no longer start up and run. If you have CS3 and LR3 still on your system, you can certainly use those, but you will have some situations where you won't be able to edit files you've created under CS6. Not everything is a problem, but some things are.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

tcerul Basic MemberWed 23-Jan-13 07:07 PM
422 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?"
In response to Reply # 3

Hardy, US

>Eventually, you will see a pop-up menu asking you to sign in
>again using your Adobe account. If you don't have a current
>license, your copy of CS6 will no longer start up and run. If
>you have CS3 and LR3 still on your system, you can certainly
>use those, but you will have some situations where you won't
>be able to edit files you've created under CS6. Not
>everything is a problem, but some things are.

In simple terms, once your subscription expires, you don't have access to CS6. If you stored your photos on the cloud, you don't have access to your photos after the subscription expires. If you saved photos that you worked on in CS6 on the cloud to a local hard drive those photos would be available but you would not be able to make further edits using an older version of Photoshop that you have installed on your local computer.

Are these statements accurate?

Tom
From Beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Wed 23-Jan-13 08:09 PM
#5. "RE: Creative Cloud - what happens if you stop renewing?"
In response to Reply # 4

Colorado Springs, US

>
>In simple terms, once your subscription expires, you don't
>have access to CS6. If you stored your photos on the cloud,
>you don't have access to your photos after the subscription
>expires. If you saved photos that you worked on in CS6 on the
>cloud to a local hard drive those photos would be available
>but you would not be able to make further edits using an older
>version of Photoshop that you have installed on your local
>computer.
>
>Are these statements accurate?
>

Almost. I would have said "but you may not be able to make further edits using an older version of Photoshop that you have installed on your local computer." It's not an absolute.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #10025 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.