nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jim thomas

Edmond, US
1311 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Sun 20-Jan-13 03:44 PM

I use Photoshop CS5 for editing, offloading photos and all sharpening and noise reduction. Do you think that better results can be achieved by supplementing Photoshop with other software. For example, Lightroom is very popular; however I understand that Camera Raw does essentially the same thing. I want to keep the workflow as simple as possible and not have to pay for or learn how to use additional software unless the quality of the images is improved by the additional software. So, Photoshop users, do you think I need to supplement CS5 with other software and, if so, what do you recommend? Perhaps I should add that the cameras I am now using are: Nikon F6; Nikon D200 and Nikon D800E. Maybe that makes a difference. I don't know.

I will look forward to your replies and will appreciate any advice you are able to offer.

JDT

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is Software Other Than Photoshop Necessary?

G