Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JonK

New York, US
6077 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004
Wed 23-Jan-13 10:44 PM

For the Broadway show The Mystery of Edwin Drood I was asked to shoot paparazzi shots — circa 1890s — for a TMZ-style exposé. This is the exposé.

Several times a year I shoot off- and off-off-Broadway performances, usually the dress rehearsal, producing publicity images. The challenge of poor light, trying to capture the moment, and trying to freeze action is a fun challenge that I really enjoy. But working directly with Broadway actors/actresses — coming up with shot ideas and poses, and then hitting the shutter while they do a schtick — is just so-o-o-o much cooler! I had a blast!

And I'm now sitting next to the phone hoping it will ring again…

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: …on the web

G