Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

National Geographic Photography Contest

HarveyA

Novato, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HarveyA Registered since 28th Feb 2009
Wed 09-Jan-13 02:23 PM

Dear Fellow Nikonians,

In October, I won a National Geographic Photo Competition that culminated in an all expense paid trip to Thailand with six other first place winners. I recently completed this trip and within two days of returning home had to go through my 18,600 images, and process 200 images for upload, with 15 selected for a voting process. I completed the processing while trying to recover from jet lag and finished uploading my images to the National Geographic site with 3 minutes to spare before the deadline. If I hadn't made the deadline, I would not have been able to participate in the Grand Prize, which is a trip to New York for my private exhibition (already visualizing this)! This is turning into another career for me.

I need additional support and votes on my photo album. Voting is done online until Thursday, Jan. 10th at the National Geographic site and it is very easy. Here are the steps:

Point your browser to: www.nationalgeographic.com/contest/my-thailand/entries/gallery/upload-image-here-harvey-abernathey>
Scroll down below the album photo and click on the "Vote Now" button.
That's it!!

You can vote on any device such as a computer, tablet, or phone. Each device can vote once, so vote on all of your devices!

If you would like to see more images of the trip, all 200 of my images are uploaded to a photo sharing site at: www.flickr.com/photos/metigoshi/sets/72157632193858236>

I really appreciate your support!

Happy New Year!!

Enjoy,
Harvey Abernathey
Night & Day Photos

Visit www.ndphotos.com>

G