nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #654
View in linear mode

Subject: "camera bag" Previous topic | Next topic
jhpani Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2007Sun 28-Oct-12 06:01 PM
411 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"camera bag"

Cancun, MX

hello guys
I need help from you...
I have been looking for a while for a bag to replace my Domke F1 that I got in 1993, that is almos 20 years ago, and the bag keeps going, not as good as I would love as it is getting some small holes in some corners and the strap has no longer the anti-slip treatment.

I have a d700 with grip and a blackr rapid strap, I usually carry a 18-35 f3.5-4.5g or 50/1.8, and a 80-200/2.8 (the push-pull glass) as well as a Sigma 400/5.6

this 2-3 glasses and the sb-600 fit nicely in the camera, though sometimes are cramped, but I love the way the camera hugs and I really dont like all the padding in the other commercial brands, i mean, you take care of your gear right?

what do you recommend?
I was thinking of going the safe way and buying another domke and have no problem at all or get a think tank that will be somewhere near the domke?

any suggestions?

Humberto´s, proud nikonian in Cancun, Mexico

"The important thing is never to stop questioning."~Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."~Yoda

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: camera bag
duh59 Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
jhpani Silver Member
04th Nov 2012
LisaM_BergerBros Gold Member
06th Nov 2012
jhpani Silver Member
06th Nov 2012
LisaM_BergerBros Gold Member
06th Nov 2012

duh59 Silver Member Charter MemberFri 02-Nov-12 12:27 AM
547 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: camera bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Rochester, US

hi, I have a Domke F2 that is over 30 years old. It is still very serviceable. I does not draw much attention. I would get another Domke or maybe a Think Tank UD type bag. I don't have one but the write ups are very positive. Note I'm not part of Berger Bros , just had an idea to share.

Virge

jhpani Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2007Sun 04-Nov-12 01:56 AM
411 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: camera bag"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 04-Nov-12 11:54 PM by jhpani

Cancun, MX

Virge

thanks for the info..

thought that the guys at Berger would answer faster.. (then I remembered that some of the people on the East US were hit really hard by Sandy)
I sincerely hope you are doing ok, I have been there also, living in Cancun, Mexico, we've had our own share of hurricanes.

Please do take care.

Yep, the same here, I think domke are just great, the problem is that mine has lost the grip in the strap and slips, I really dont like that..

it is a magnificent bag and it is working just perfect, but I think a new one would be just great!

LisaM_BergerBros Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2009Tue 06-Nov-12 04:03 PM
285 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: camera bag"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 06-Nov-12 04:05 PM by LisaM_BergerBros

US

Hello and thank you for your inquiry - and thank you Virge for chiming in...btw how are you? =)

Anyway, sorry for my delayed response as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
Yesterday was my first day back at work and myself and the rest of the staff here are working very limited hours as a result. So thank you for your understanding.

I actually own 3 Domke bags including an F1. I too am a fan of it for the same reasons, however I recently purchased 2 of Think Tank's Retrospective series bags. The Retro 10 and LC3 lens changer. Both are awesome and I could not be happier.

Think Tank's Retro series will also hug your body and it has so many great features and details etc...Based on the gear you own take a look at the Retrospective 30. I do not have a sigma 400mm in stock to test out for you so I am not sure that that lens will fit - but if you review the dimensions I think you can judge for yourself.
This bag is listed here on our website:
http://www.berger-bros.com/Think-Tank-Retrospective-30-Shoulder-Bag--THITRETRO30.htm

Once again, thank you for your understanding and patience.
Please contact me if you have any questions - I am happy to help you - my hours this week are 10-2pm M-TH.

Very Sincerely,
Lisa Monahan

Berger Bros. Camera
1-800-262-4160 (x126)

jhpani Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2007Tue 06-Nov-12 04:12 PM
#4. "RE: camera bag"
In response to Reply # 3

Cancun, MX

Lisa

I am glad you answered, that means you are up and running from Sandy stuff

I really hope everyone is ok both in house and at office!!!

take care.

I will look into the think tank

I do own a think tank 360, it is kind of stiff, that is why I am not looking too much into it..

any other recommendations?

I will still miss my domke when I get a new one, the old feeling is something I will miss...

LisaM_BergerBros Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2009Tue 06-Nov-12 04:45 PM
285 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: camera bag"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Hi Humberto,

Thank you so much for your understanding and well wishes.

Trust me about the Retro series... =)
It is not stiff and it is not the same material as the 360.
It is made out of cotton canvas (the underside has weather proofing) which is precisely why TT named it "Retro" series - the Retro Series is the closest you are going to get to the Domke bags.

Here is a quote I copied and pasted directly from TT's site from Retro page:

"Our product designers have blended the look and feel of "old-school" camera bags with "new-school" features and technology for the digital imaging age. "

Here is a link to TT's site which has in depth specs and pictures:
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/retrospective-30-blueslate-shoulder-bag.aspx

If I can think of anything else I will shoot you an email - if you come across a brand or model that interests you - let me know. =)

I am here to help you!

Lisa Monahan

Berger Bros. Camera
1-800-262-4160 x126

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #654 Previous topic | Next topic