Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #653
View in linear mode

Subject: "Up-grading to full frame" Previous topic | Next topic
panky Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Mar 2009Sat 27-Oct-12 02:07 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Up-grading to full frame"

Whitecourt, CA

Hello, I curently own a D300 and D300S and have been quite pleased with them.
However, I believe it is time for me to up-grade to a full frame camera.
I have been picking up some assignements for our local news paper, as well as some portrait and wedding shoots.
Some of the news assignements, include hockey games and some indoors rodeos where I find my D300S falls short in high ISO to shoot at 1/500 or better.
I have been reading the reviews on the D4, and I find it all pretty exciting and believe it might just be what I am looking for, but to be quite frank, I am not interested at all in any video features.
I am just looking for a camera that will give me high quality photographs in challenging lighting conditions.
Am I focussing on the wrong model ?
I sure would appreciate some knowledgeable suggestions.
Thank you.
Connie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

LisaM_BergerBros Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2009Tue 06-Nov-12 03:16 PM
262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Up-grading to full frame"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Connie,

So sorry for my delayed response due to Hurricane Sandy.
Based on what you described - you are focusing on the right full frame model.

The D4 will perform outstanding at high ISO's in low light.
Recently, Nikon released the D600; which would also be a viable candidate for you.

Please contact me if you need further assistance - I am happy to help you with this big decision before and after the sale! =)

Warm Regards,
Lisa Monahan

Berger Bros. Camera
1-800-262-4160 x126

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #653 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.