Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #637
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speedlite 300 TL flash unit ( canon)" Previous topic | Next topic
Nikontherapy Registered since 29th Aug 2012Tue 11-Sep-12 10:45 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Speedlite 300 TL flash unit ( canon)"

US

I have a D3100 , since I am a stay- home- mom -of -3 -year -old -twin -girls/ I have a minimum budget for photography which is my hobby-therapy.Anyway, My father brought me this awsome, prestine condition flash ( speedlite 300tl) which is part of his SLR Canon T80. I have heard @ my photography class that you should never but a canon flash on a Nikon camera or you might fry your Nikon DSLR. How true is that? I have a idea of using this flash as off camera flash or as slave one . I called B&H they recommended me to buy a
Interfit INT492 Hot Shoe and Strobe Flash Trigger Set . I noticed that this Speedlite worths around $ 150 in prestine condition! Is that worth it to sell it and get me another one ? Or Should I invest US$ and get me the interfit hot shoe and strobelight trigger? Thanks for your help!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ken_BergerBros Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2009Wed 12-Sep-12 08:03 PM
105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Speedlite 300 TL flash unit ( canon)"
In response to Reply # 0

Great Neck, US

Hi NikonTherapy, First, whoever told you to NOT put that flash on your Nikon D3100 was correct. Two things could happen, the voltage is probably different and could damage the Nikon electronics and second, the flash could get stuck in the hot shoe. You could buy a Pocket Wizard or less expensive Promaster flash trigger or slave to activate the flash off camera. The problem with that solution will be that the flash will go off at full strength every time. The 300tl speedlite is not even suitable for use on newer Canon EOS cameras. Sorry to say but I doubt, even in pristine condition, that it would sell for $150. You could try selling it on Ebay. Good luck, Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery <http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/258405>.

Visit my website
<http://www.KenNadle.com>;.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #637 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.