nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #630
View in linear mode

Subject: "Memory Card Question?" Previous topic | Next topic
chilli42 Registered since 30th Mar 2012Sun 19-Aug-12 10:04 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Memory Card Question?"

US

Hi,

Quick question:

I'm normally very good at switching off my camera D7000 before removing the memory cards. Today I was swapping some in and out a few times and realized that I had left the camera turned on.

The memory cards seem fine, but the manual says to avoid this as it could damage the camera also. Is this likely to happen and what actual potential damage can this cause the camera?

Do you guys always practice turning off the camera when changing memory cards?

Thx!

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dan_BergerBros Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2009Tue 21-Aug-12 04:02 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Memory Card Question?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I'm not going to say that it's OK and that you will NEVER damage a card, but I never shut my camera off when I take out cards.

I shoot some cheer events where we swap cards out every three minutes and I simply don't have time to shut the camera off before I remove my card.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS Ask Berger Bros Camera Forum! topic #630 Previous topic | Next topic