Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #9975
View in linear mode

Subject: "D3100" Previous topic | Next topic
photomia Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2011Wed 20-Aug-14 12:39 AM
163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D3100"

MD, US

Hello,

My daughter has a D3100. We went to the beach for a week and she set her camera on .jpeg/fine/large. When she got home and wanted to move her images to her computer she discovered that that the total pixel count was 96 per image and that the image and that the image was too small to print.

Any thoughts? Is there something else in the menu she might have inadvertently changed?

Thanks,

Pat

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sl01 Registered since 07th Jan 2014Wed 20-Aug-14 06:21 AM
49 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3100"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 20-Aug-14 06:31 AM by sl01

PL

Hello Patricia
It looks like it's a computer software issue - it can see only miniatures of real jpegs on the card.

How do you copy your photos to the computer? What software do you use to transfer?

Try different transfer methods. If you connect your camera via USB, try a card reader instead. Or try another software/computer.
Regards
S.

edit: You can also check size of jpg files. If they are a few megabytes large - they are full size jpegs.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 20-Aug-14 12:30 PM
26077 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Patricia,

Did you check the size of the image files and file type (jpeg, NEF) on her card using a card reader attached to your computer system?

Open the Memory Card using Windows Explorer with View Details the file size and type should be visible once you get to the image folder.

If she inadvertently changed to Raw and does not have software on her computer that can read NEF files, the software she has might be reading the jpeg or part of the jpeg imbedded in the NEF file.

Best Regards,
Marty

photomia Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2011Wed 20-Aug-14 08:22 PM
163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D3100"
In response to Reply # 0

MD, US

Thank you so much for your quick responses. The issue was the computer! She was using her "work" computer and it saw only the small images. Once she as on her personal computer the images came up as expected. Nikonians rock!

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 20-Aug-14 09:26 PM
26077 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D3100"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Patricia,

Glad to hear that she got it working.
Thanks for the follow up.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #9975 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.