nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best lenses for D5200 for video

wideirisvideo

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wideirisvideo Registered since 25th May 2014
Sat 21-Jun-14 02:21 AM

My son just bought the D5200, and I have been very impressed with its video capability, but it seems to me to be limited by the DX category of lenses. I've used the AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1.8 on a couple of shoots, and this is the lens a lot of people rave about. It's excellent in low light and indoor light situations, but outside in the sun, it seems to lack color vibrancy--at least for video. I have a documentary project coming up, and I'm wondering if I can just find a lens that might up the game on the D5200, or if I should plunge into the Panasonic GH4 game everyone's raving about. I've been researching this for a few days, and I'm starting to go in circles. So on this site, I'd especially like to hear of lens options, and success stories folks have with the D5200 in video situations, such as docs and weddings and the like.

Many thanks,

Doug

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best lenses for D5200 for video

G