Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #9639
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tutorial: D5100 Manual Video Hack" Previous topic | Next topic
yuridarian Registered since 03rd May 2014Sat 03-May-14 06:24 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tutorial: D5100 Manual Video Hack"

BR

Guys, I'm new here, so if this post is in the wrong place, help me find the right place for it!

There is a hack, developed by the guys from Nikon Hacker, that allows D5100, D3100 and D7000 users to enable some really cool extra features!
It works perfectly and increases the video capabilities of the camera tremendously!

The Patched firmware enables you to remove time based video restrictions, Liveview manual ISO and shutter speed control, clean HDMI & LCD Liveview output, to remove NEF compression, to disable Nikon "star eater" (http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/d70v10d/eval.htm), to use third party batteries and more.

I made a video tutorial for it, since I had a little hard time gathering all the necessary information to get it done.
It's fast and easy! Give it a try!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qp0PWcYJ3E

I hope this helps new hack users like me!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #9639 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.