Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #960
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS" Previous topic | Next topic
PhotoRaoul Registered since 10th Dec 2009Thu 10-Dec-09 05:53 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS"

AU

How in darn blazes do you TURN OFF that irritating Auto Orientation feature of the Readout. It don't mean the images, which you can flick on and off as landscape or porttrait, but I mean the READOUT of camera settings on the new Nikons which turns to portrait mode when you tilt the camera even slightly? I hope Nikon comes up with a solution to DISABLE this mode via a software upgrade download because this is a great boo boo...
Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS
PhotoRaoul
10th Dec 2009
blw Moderator
10th Dec 2009
gkaiseril Gold Member
10th Dec 2009
briantilley Moderator
10th Dec 2009
PhotoRaoul
10th Dec 2009

PhotoRaoul Registered since 10th Dec 2009Thu 10-Dec-09 10:41 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS"
In response to Reply # 0

AU

I guess Nikon GOOFED on this one because nobody could come up with a solution... Attention anybody from the Nikon labs, please come out with a patch solution or something to TURN OFF your goofy Auto Orientation of the camera setting read outs!
Oh, man...

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Thu 10-Dec-09 12:36 PM
26714 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS"
In response to Reply # 1

Richmond, US

Patience... you've only allowed a bit over four hours. Not so many of the long-term members even have... which camera did you say? Hmmm... you didn't. And you didn't fill in your profile, either.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Thu 10-Dec-09 01:58 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 10-Dec-09 02:01 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Maybe he thinks your crystal ball is better then it really is or it is blinded by the snow storms in the U.S.

See page 220 of the D7000 manual for information about rotating images during playback.

See page 118 of the D3000 manual for information about rotating images during playback.

Of course you can just turn off all image rotation so when you download the images to your computer they do not rotate at all.

I am just glad this forum is limited to only 2 camera models and I have downloaded the PDF manuals. And with Acrobat or Adobe Reader you can let the computer search the manual for you.

Thank your Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace!

George
My Nikonian Galleries

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Thu 10-Dec-09 03:06 PM
29019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS"
In response to Reply # 3

Paignton, GB

To be fair, I think Raoul is asking about the automatic rotation of the INFO display, probably on the D3000 or D5000.

I don't know of any way to disable this feature.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

PhotoRaoul Registered since 10th Dec 2009Thu 10-Dec-09 07:50 PM
#5. "RE: Help Needed on Auto Orientation of READOUTS"
In response to Reply # 4

AU

>To be fair, I think Raoul is asking about the automatic
>rotation of the INFO display, probably on the D3000 or D5000.
>
>I don't know of any way to disable this feature.

Thank you, Brian. You hit the problem exactly!
The INFO read out (not images) change orientation when I tilt, like going low to take an angle shot of a model from ground view, etc. Just tilting it very slightly will flip the INFO read out. Very irritating, and there is NO WAY you can DISABLE this feature!
Thanks.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #960 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.