Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #940
View in linear mode

Subject: " A New Stupid Question" Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Fri 04-Dec-09 04:55 AM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
" A New Stupid Question"

Frederick, US

Some time ago I set my D5000 (I think I "set it" this was) to take multiple shots as opposed to a single shot per shutter release button depression. For the life of me now I can't figure out how to return it to the single shot mode. Thanks for any help here.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 04-Dec-09 05:57 AM
25549 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A New Stupid Question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Tom,

The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!

Release Mode
Release mode determines how the camera takes photographs: one at a time, in a
continuous sequence, with a timed shutter-release delay or remote control, or with
reduced camera noise.
1 Place the cursor in the information display.
If shooting information is not displayed in the monitor, press the R button.
Press the P button to place the cursor in the information display.
2 Display release mode options.
Highlight the current release mode in the
information display and press J.
3 Choose a release mode.
Highlight one of the following options and press
J.
R button Information display P button
Mode Description
8 Single frame
Camera takes one photograph each time shutter-release button is
pressed.
See page 65 in the D5000 Users Manual.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Fri 04-Dec-09 05:28 PM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A New Stupid Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Frederick, US

Thanks Marty,
I keep forgetting about that display mode. I use the D300 so much more than the 5000, it's not something I pay a lot of attention to.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 04-Dec-09 06:17 PM
25549 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A New Stupid Question"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Tom,

Glad to help!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

ACLineman Registered since 11th Dec 2011Sun 15-Jan-12 09:37 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: A New Stupid Question"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Forgive mefor butting in here but I cannot see where/how to start my onw topic. I have questions and don't want to hi-jack someone else's thread here.

If someone could e-mail me hw to do this that would be great
Harry@carolinaSkiffOwner.com

Mod's feel fee to delete this

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #940 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.