nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Grumpy old Man

UK
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Grumpy old Man Registered since 08th Jan 2014
Wed 08-Jan-14 10:20 AM

Just returned to Nikon by purchasing a special offer D3100 as a light walk-about camera after a mild heart attack.
I purchased the latest 18-200 VR lens and am very pleased with it. I just wonder after seeing the great results and the ease with which I can carry this gear around if I should have maybe purchased the D3200 or the coming D3300. Is maybe 24 million pixels pushing this lens a bit too far maybe? I must admit the new body without the AA filter looks very attractive but will the lens do it justice? Maybe someone who uses 24 million pixels with that lens would be kind enough to give some advice please.

I was always a Nikon man till I had a break in at home and all my gear was stolen just at the time when Canon brought out the first IS lenses and I swapped camps. I have quite a collection of Canon gear + lenses and many alternative MF lenses but carrying the heavy gear is getting harder now( 69)but the D3100 has really liberated me along with just the single lens which covers 95% of what I need.I really did think that the entry level camera would be an also ran but for a basic camera (after using top of the range gear)is very intuitive and things like AF are well up on par. I can walk the beaches up near my home again with a camera:-)

Thanks

I feel much better now I`ve given up hope

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Return to Nikon