Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8988
View in linear mode

Subject: "Specs in viewfinder ! Urghh" Previous topic | Next topic
AMURUA Registered since 13th Nov 2013Thu 21-Nov-13 08:13 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Specs in viewfinder ! Urghh"

US

Went out shooting yesterday and noticed a smeared spec in my
viewfinder , I took off my lens and blew into it, reattached
it then noticed it moved and got worse, got a blow can of air,
aired it out and noticed it got better but there's still a
very minor spec still there what else is there to do? I could
probably live with it there but it bothers me even though I
can't see it in my actual photos

Anthony M.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 21-Nov-13 09:07 PM
4470 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Specs in viewfinder ! Urghh"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

A "rocket blower" is a much better option for blowing out the camera as there is lots of stuff in the canned air that you don't want in the camera.

Option 1 is to live with the spec since it is not affecting the pictures.

Try some more air. If you want to be a bit more risky, you can try a sensor cleaning brush or small paint brush. On the mirror vs on the focus screen? You really don't want to be touching the mirror.

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II, TC20e3,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

AMURUA Registered since 13th Nov 2013Thu 21-Nov-13 10:43 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Specs in viewfinder ! Urghh"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks, sounds like I got lucky using canned air , it did 99 % of the job, I used maxxel blast away, won't try again though, I'll make sure to get proper blower next time.
Thanks again

Anthony M.

Bill Kennedy Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2013Thu 21-Nov-13 11:14 PM
450 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Specs in viewfinder ! Urghh"
In response to Reply # 2

Christiansburg, US

I have learned (the hard way) to NEVER use canned air! It has a residue from the propellent that is worse than what you are trying to blow off.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8988 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.