nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Fortkentdad

Fort Kent, CA
267 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Sun 13-Oct-13 05:33 AM

My battery charger died.
My local camera shop did not have any in stock and said he could order me one - for about $75- ouch.
So I turned to eBay and found many on offer.
Took a chance and ordered one from "kayd-sky" one of many Hong Kong eBay vendors. This one offered a genuine EN-EL14 Battery & MH-24 Charger for $27.00 with free postage. My local store had said it might take weeks to get the $75 MH-24 but was not sure because no one had ever ordered one when he told them how much.
It took about three weeks and my parcel arrived from China.
Packaging and product look genuine. Battery has the hologram and looks absolutely identical to my other EN-EL14's which also go for about $80+ here in Canada. So for $27 I got $160+ in battery and charger.
Now the MH-24 had a detachable cord and my original had a fold out plug but this one actually plugs in better and stays plugged in properly.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/2512930104984040_2.jpg

So, so far so good.

Later I heard from another Nikon user that Staples sells a universal battery charger that charges EN-EL14's and others for about $30.00. Had I known that I'd have bought one of those but then I'd not now have a third battery.

FKD
Alberta CANADA

G