Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8805
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop Elements" Previous topic | Next topic
buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 06-Oct-13 12:37 PM
213 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop Elements"

US

I have PSE 10.

In selecting an object for copy/move/etc, occasionally, my hand isn't as smooth and steady as needed, and a slection point anchors away from the edge. I know there is a way to "nudge" that line closer to the edge, but random actions and the help screens haven't found it.

Any suggestions?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photoshop Elements
aolander Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
buffumjr
06th Oct 2013
aolander Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
buffumjr
06th Oct 2013
Lolrogge Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
freedomfarm Silver Member
12th Oct 2013

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Sun 06-Oct-13 01:06 PM
3175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Are you perhaps looking for the "snap to" option? It's under "View" in PS.

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 06-Oct-13 01:11 PM
213 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Will try. Thanx.

BTW. Is there a PSE area in the Nikonians forum?

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Sun 06-Oct-13 01:41 PM
3175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to Reply # 2

Nevis, US

Look under "Master Your Tools", "Adobe Postprocessing Software".

Alan

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 06-Oct-13 06:40 PM
#4. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 06-Oct-13 06:46 PM by buffumjr

US

FOUND THE ANSWER!

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39994

The mistake I was making with the magic lasso was dragging. Oh, what a relief.

I hope learning the rest of PSE goes better!

Lolrogge Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Apr 2012Sun 06-Oct-13 07:47 PM
273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to Reply # 0

Ayden, US

I tend to use Magic Wand for selection. I think the lasso tool is hard to use.

When using the Magic Wand tool, there are choices for NEW SELECTION, ADD, and SUBTRACT. If you select more than you want, simply subtract the unwanted portion.

The Lasso Tool also has these same choices. Hope this is helpful.

Laverne

freedomfarm Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2013Sat 12-Oct-13 11:07 AM
535 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 13-Oct-13 11:30 AM by freedomfarm

US

Yes, like Laverne said, try the magic wand, I use the "quick selection tool." You can add or subtract to your selection, then once you have the basic selection, go to tool options and open that up, click on refine edge, select view in black and white, check the smart radius box, and move the slider for radius up to 250 . . . You'll be amazed at how much detail can be selected, even thin whisps of hair on a person. You should slide it back down to somewhere between 10 and 20, that's ideal for most selections. You can have PSE re-think problem areas by changing view to overlay and by using the refine radius tool (brush icon) and brushing problem areas that weren't quite selected. Once your happy with it check the box to decontaminate colors and set amount to 75% and choose how you want your selection's output (new layer, etc.) I learned this from the book I highly recommend "The photoshop elements book 11 for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby & Matt Kloskowski.

Steve H
Rock Creek, Ohio

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8805 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.