nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
slothead

Frederick, US
1668 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009
Sun 15-Nov-09 07:45 PM

A couple weeks ago I asked the question about how long a video the D5000 could make. I got several good answers (but to be honest I don't remember what they were).

Today, I had the opportunity to make a couple videos and I learned that the apparent limit is 20 minutes. I had put in a 4GB SD just to make sure the size of the media didn't limit the video recording time. The first I made started at 20 minutes and counted down to about 5 before I stopped it. A little while later I started another and it again started at 20 minutes again. I let it run about 5 minutes and shut it off. Finally I started a 3rd video just to see if it would start at 20 minutes again. It did. I'm quite pleased with this performance, especially since it means you could stop a video and immediately restart it and make a much longer film.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, D750, and a handful of lenses.

G