Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8749
View in linear mode

Subject: "D5100 captivates her" Previous topic | Next topic
rbarrphd Registered since 11th Aug 2013Mon 23-Sep-13 03:48 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D5100 captivates her"

US

I helped my brother pick out a camera for his wife and he settled on a D5100 with AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm zoom lens. My sister-in-law found it is easy to navigate and that it takes remarkable photos. He said that the indoor photos were so good that it made her cry.

Good pick, brother. Thank you, Nikon, for such a great product.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 23-Sep-13 06:16 AM
25743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D5100 captivates her"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear your sister-in-law is so happy with her new D5100.
She might be interested in Nikonians too.

Best Regards,
Marty

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Fri 27-Sep-13 01:17 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D5100 captivates her"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Very happy with mine, so far. New to DSLR. Still climbing the learning curve. Check your local brick and mortar camera store. They have some DVDs, around $20-$30 that help a newbie get up to speed. The nice thing about the DVDs is you can learn at your own pace, and repeat stuff as needed.

Then, like golf, tennis, rifle marksmanship, or a musical instrument, it's practice, practice, practice.

Have her explore Auto, Aperture Mode, and the other modes. See if you can buy her Peterson's "Understanding Exposure". That explains a LOT.

I liked the "bang for the buck" at Cameta. I like that it's light. I like the versatility. I like the insane selection of options. I like the manual focus ring. A BIG step up from point and shoot.

I don't like that the "kit" lense is handicapped in low light. I can cure that with some prime glass at as much as I paid for the body, but (chuckle) that's the photography hobby.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8749 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.