nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Larry E30

US
2743 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Thu 12-Nov-09 04:56 AM

OK , the dial modes are good.Namely ; Landscape and 'no flash'.

But I strongly desire to use smaller f-stops , and sometimes to use -/+ exposure.

I'm slightly kinda down and frustrated with trying to do this with the D5000.

Whenever I go off these modes - exposures are ...(more dead,flat,dull,worse dinamic range) and nowhere near as good as the dial modes.

Now yes , I got some awesome vaction photos with this camera , and I am happy.And I only have this D5000(and my first digital SLR)4months.

But I want what I'm seeing with those two dial modes ... with smaller apperatures, and be able to use ISO up to 2000(still gives great results at ISO 2000).Exposure is almost subjective;I'd also like to use -/+ exposure if needed.

I have tryed "A" mode with set to 'landscape' , also in 'Vi' setting.(Ya know...in the SD,VI,NL place,while on "A").Results are as mentioned above.(compaired to Landscape dial mode-same image)

I've been such an "A" person in my life/photography ... it's hard to swallow stuff out of focus - that I perfer in focus.

HELP - I'm tied down to dial modes.!I'm their slave.My camera is ruling me.I want to get back to putting my strong focus on photographing ... connecting,even getting fancy,-expressing my personality... .

Guess I'm asking ; Hey,any of you guys know how to make this camera sing ? !

Please , some of you guys tell how you get the most out of your camera(note; the D5000 seems to be an extra challange).Namely the key areas ; nice crisp,clear,excellent resilution,contrast,color and sharpness - etc.

Also , everyone(D5000),I'd love to see alot more D5000 photos,especially in the 'art,landscape,creative and advanced'type.

I appreciate Nikinian. Thanks , Larry. Some Grand Circle-SW National Parks photos ;

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Question on working of D5000 MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
12th Nov 2009
Reply message RE: Question on working of D5000 Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Nov 2009
     Reply message RE: Question on working of D5000 MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
12th Nov 2009
          Reply message RE: Question on working of D5000 Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
19th Nov 2009
               Reply message RE: Question on working of D5000 Douglass Moody
23rd Nov 2009

G