nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
lucastjs

MY
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lucastjs Registered since 26th Mar 2013
Wed 10-Jul-13 05:05 PM

Hi, I bought myself a D3200 and I am new user in DSLR. I still can't get the ISO setting right apart from getting it set to Auto. The ISO setting is from 100 to 6400 and Hi 1. Recently I took some photos inside and outside a cave. When I was inside, I set it to Hi 1 with night mode, but the photos that I took were pretty bad. Inside the cave was quite dark, with some spots that I need a torch light, I wonder anyone can give me some advice about this ISO setting? What I understand is the higher the ISO setting is, I should be able to get good picture in dark and even moving objects.

With the flash, there is Auto Slow and Auto Red Eye Slow, Flash Red Eye Slow, Flash Rear and Flash Slow. Red Eye is always aim for reducing the human eyes' redness during a flash, so when should I be using the Flash Rear and Flash Slow?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ISO Sensitivity & Flash

G