nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8375
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D5200 bag" Previous topic | Next topic
nivass Registered since 26th May 2013Thu 27-Jun-13 06:46 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D5200 bag"

US

Hi All,

Please suggest good bag to buy for Nikon D5200 body and two lens.

Thanks,

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D5200 bag
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
27th Jun 2013
MaryMR Silver Member
27th Jun 2013
nivass
27th Jun 2013
MaryMR Silver Member
27th Jun 2013
PattyBWest
15th Sep 2013
Beatkat Silver Member
16th Oct 2013
professorune
06th Oct 2013
RobMelone
22nd Oct 2013
stevelink3
29th Jun 2013
MaryMR Silver Member
29th Jun 2013
buffumjr
06th Oct 2013
Fortkentdad
13th Oct 2013
buffumjr
19th Oct 2013

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 27-Jun-13 07:07 PM
27027 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Kiran,

Think Tank Photo, Tamrac, Lowe Pro, and Kata to name a few, All produce quality camera bags in a wide varity of sizes, shapes and configurations.
You can't go wrong with any of them.

Are you looking for a shoulder bag, sling bag, or backpack?

Best Regards,
Marty

MaryMR Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2013Thu 27-Jun-13 08:49 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Toluca Lake, US

>Hi All,
>
>Please suggest good bag to buy for Nikon D5200 body and two
>lens.
>
>Thanks,

I purchased a nice Tenba Large Messenger Bag so I can walk around hands free; I don't recommend a size any smaller than that. It holds my D5100 with kit lens and lens hood attached, a NIKKOR telephoto zoom lens, and a myriad of supplies (telephoto lens hood, cloth, small flashlight, pad and pen, filters, spare battery and charger, etc.). It can double as a computer bag as it includes a slot for a laptop which I use to store a thick pad that I can unfold and use when I need to set the camera down to changes lenses, etc.

There are many other good bags; I just prefer a cross body strap.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=orderHistory&A=details&Q=&sku=552255&is=REG

Mary

nivass Registered since 26th May 2013Thu 27-Jun-13 11:14 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am looking regular bag and not expensive bag. What is your opinion on the below bag. This bag some times comes free with DSLR purchases.
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-DSLR-Starter-School-Fast/dp/B0044UHK50/ref=pd_sim_p_15

I am looking for shoulder bag, backpack.
Thanks,

MaryMR Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2013Thu 27-Jun-13 11:29 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 3

Toluca Lake, US

It does not look like it will hold nearly as much but gets plenty of good review. You may run out of room sooner than you think because all the little extras add up. I certainly understand the price issue. I went for the larger one so I would not have to upgrade later, and end up paying more. Also, the Tenba is made extremely well and of a very good sturdy fabric. Here is the "starter" case I bought which is WONDERFUL as long as you don't take an extra lens. It holds the camera and kit lens w/lens hood attached, a polarizing filter, an extra battery (not the charger), and SD cards. I wear it cross body so my hands are free and it's lightweight. I use this one all the time unless I want to bring the telephoto lens along (there is no place for an extra lens in this bag, even if it's a small one) but it can't be beat otherwise. Remeber my camera is a D5100; I'm assuming yours is similar. Be sure to get a bag that mentions your camera model.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TZUS98/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mary

PattyBWest Registered since 15th Sep 2013Sun 15-Sep-13 06:26 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 3

Jacksonville, US

This bag came with my D5200 and the two lenses that I recently purchased. I have an 18x55mm lens and a 55x300 lens. The bag holds the camera with either lens attached and has space for the second lens. There is also room for the battery charger, spare battery or batteries, memory cards, lens hood, etc. I have not placed anything else in the bag, but there should be room in it for a lens cleaner and cloth.

The bag is not a cross body bag, but for me that is good. Cross body bags get in my way when taking pictures, so I place the bag in a safe spot near me and take my pictures. It does have a shoulder strap which is perfect for my purposes.

Patty

Beatkat Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2007Wed 16-Oct-13 02:47 AM
239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 7
Wed 16-Oct-13 02:48 AM by Beatkat

Oxford, US

I too received this bag with my D5100 kit. It's well made and not the typical "crud" quality one would expect for a freebie. Small enough to be unobtrusive, large enough to hold the camera, 2 lenses,media cards, charger,Rocket blower, filters, and several other accessories...I even tuck a small tripod into the rear pocket along the back.
Connecticut Nikonian
D5100
Nikkor 50mm 1.8
18-55DXnVR
18-105VR
55-200VR
other asst. glass

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

professorune Registered since 08th Jun 2013Sun 06-Oct-13 02:25 PM
566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 3

HK

I would recommend a back pack. Since it distributes the weight of contents better than a shoulder bag

Without pouring cold water on free merchandise, I haven't found stuff given away to be of the quality which is really desired. Therefore I end up buying whatever it is instead of relying on things given away.

RobMelone Registered since 13th Oct 2013Tue 22-Oct-13 02:51 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 3

Tulsa, US

Looks like you found something that works for you...Congrats!

stevelink3 Registered since 21st Apr 2013Sat 29-Jun-13 04:52 AM
72 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>Hi All,
>
>Please suggest good bag to buy for Nikon D5200 body and two
>lens.
>
>Thanks,

Greetings! I've used many brands over my 35 years in photography, and I can without hesitation recommend thinkTANK Photo bags! They are among the best, most versatile, and well-made camera bags I have ever seen! I use the Suburban Disguise 20 for my Nikon D5200 and 2 lenses plus flash and other accessories. Perfect for traveling light! They made many models and styles. Please check them out at: www.thinktankphoto.com/affiliate. Enter code AP-757 for possible free gear with purchase. Good luck!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MaryMR Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2013Sat 29-Jun-13 08:50 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 5
Sun 30-Jun-13 04:40 PM by MaryMR

Toluca Lake, US

Here's the Think Tank Photo link; the one above does not work because there is a period as part of the link address:

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/affiliates.aspx?type=affiliate

Mary

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sun 06-Oct-13 01:29 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 6

US

This is kind of outside the box.

Went to Target, and bought an upper middle price ($60) backpack. Seemed solidly built. A little larger than the usual school backpack, but lots smaller than a military Alice. Lots of pockets. Padded straps. Some Swiss company.

Holds my d5100, the 18-55 kit lens, the 55-300 kit lens, a speedlight, a box of AA rechargeable batteries, an extra Nikon battery, cleaning stuff, a flashlight, a pair of scissors for cutting vegetation, and a copy of selected pages of the PDF manual. A wad of paper towel for wiping dust off something to be shot, or wiping your face.

My wife sewed nylon straps and plastic clips, so I can mount my Promaster 7100 tripod.

A pocket on the other side holds a pint of water. So necessary in Florida, and can be used for interesting effects.

It doesn't look GQ stylish, but carries and dismounts easily, and the zipper openings are WIDE, so access is snag free. There's no intereior padding or partitions other than the laptop pocket, so my wife sewed padded sleeves for the speedlight and the kit lens.

I'm thinking of a pair of straps across the top for a sun/rain umbrella, also necessary in Florida.

Outside the box.

Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012Sun 13-Oct-13 06:45 AM
218 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Fort Kent, CA

I carry a D5100 and two extra lenses plus a 700 flash, and my battery chargers (Nikon one and one for the AA's in the flash). I also pack a table top tripod into the case and a couple of filters.

I use two different bags. My 'regular' box style bag is my Golla GENMOB bag, it holds all of the above but just.

When I head out for a ride or hike I use a Lowepro Sport Sling 100AW. It only hold one extra lens and usually I don't pack much else in the camera section. There is the backpack section for my lunch which I guess could be used for more gear - or not. It has the advantage of some weather protection if it rains and of course is easier to carry. It also has a way for a tripod to be clipped on.

Those are my recommendations. They work for me.

FKD
Alberta CANADA

buffumjr Registered since 05th Jun 2013Sat 19-Oct-13 05:40 PM
219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Nikon D5200 bag"
In response to Reply # 10

US

Yeah. Wet protection!

I have no idea whether my Swiss backpack has weatherproofing. If you are in hot climates, where you SWEAT, this is an issue. All but pro level cameras are vulnerable to water. Hmmmm.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8375 Previous topic | Next topic