Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8350
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D5200 dust issues" Previous topic | Next topic
nivass Registered since 26th May 2013Mon 24-Jun-13 12:44 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D5200 dust issues"

US

Hi All,

I am planning to have 2 lens for my nikon D5200. I may changes these lens frequently (daily or weekly) when shooting.
I just want to know will changing lens frequently cause more dust on sensor ?. I can take of changing lens in clean and closed environment.
But what is the chance of having dust in my sensor if I change my lens daily?.

I know the DSLR's are made to use multiple lens. That is the advantage of DSLR. At the same time I am reading like 'Changing lens allow more dust to sensor'. So how all experience people are managing the changing lens and handling dust issues ?

Thanks,

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Mon 24-Jun-13 01:48 PM
3258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D5200 dust issues"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

This and your questions about the "rubber gasket" on lenses suggest that you are worrying too much about this. Dust on a sensor is going to happen no matter what. Limiting your lens changes is only going to limit your photography. Change lenses when you need/want to. Clean the sensor when it needs it and don't worry.

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 24-Jun-13 02:40 PM
26095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D5200 dust issues"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Kiran,

Getting dust on the sensor is going to happen sooner or later on every DSLR even if one never changes lenses. If you are aware of the environmental conditions and careful where, when, and how you change lenses, you can minimize the likelihood though not eliminate it.

Most of us keep a Giottos Rocket Blower in our bag since it is effective, simple and quick to use. When a Rocket Blower won't work, a wet cleaning using Sensor Swabs and Eclipse or other sensor cleaning products will be required to clean the sensor.
It is not difficult to do it yourself though it is important to use the correct products and follow the instructions to the letter.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8350 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.