Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #831
View in linear mode

Subject: "Viewing Pics/Videos from HD TV" Previous topic | Next topic
dfoxhoven17 Registered since 02nd Nov 2009Mon 02-Nov-09 03:20 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Viewing Pics/Videos from HD TV"

US

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues hooking their D5000 up to an HD TV? I bought a Mini-HDMI cable hooked it up...and got nothing. Hooked it up to 2 different TV's...and still nothing. Is there any specific setting I'm to do to get it to view? I've put Video Mode at NTSC and HDMI at Auto. I can view them via regular video cables...just not HDMI? I'm starting to think it's either the cable...of faulty camera. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

FThompson Registered since 29th Apr 2008Mon 02-Nov-09 05:11 PM
850 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Viewing Pics/Videos from HD TV"
In response to Reply # 0

Sans Avatar, US

Hi Daryl,
Welcome to Nikonians!!
Most TVs force you to pick the source of the signal when you leave "regular video cables". There should be a source selection screen where you can pick HDMI.
--Fred

phantomsailor Registered since 03rd Oct 2009Wed 03-Feb-10 11:15 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Viewing Pics/Videos from HD TV"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed 03-Feb-10 11:19 PM by phantomsailor

Norwich, US

Daryl

Mine works fine. Most HDTV's have more than 1 HDMI connector. Go to the input menu on your HDTV control try them all. Each time cycle your camera power on and off and off course be sure that you push the playback button each time on the camera. Takes a couple fiddles but it works fine. Even a so so photo looks great on a 42 inch+ HDTV. I usse auto setting. Try recycling power on camera. Mine didn;t input to TV without recycling camera pwr.

No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen.
Minor White
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #831 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.