Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8180
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hacked firmware available" Previous topic | Next topic
stoffe Registered since 11th Jan 2013Thu 23-May-13 10:47 AM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Hacked firmware available"

SE

I just want to share that there are a community that makes hacked firmware for Nikon cameras.

http://simeonpilgrim.com/nikon-patch/nikon-patch.html

It's on your own risk of course to flash your camera and if you want to test it, there are a little possibility to actually brick your beloved camera.

The hack is for D3100/D3200/D5100 and also for D7000 cameras.

Maybe this is already discussed in other threads but I have not found any about this when I did a search.

The community site http://www.nikonhacker.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Hacked firmware available
pjonesCET Gold Member
23rd May 2013
arc2456
23rd May 2013
grnzbra Silver Member
20th Jun 2013
JosephK Silver Member
23rd May 2013
stoffe
24th May 2013

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Thu 23-May-13 01:27 PM
543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Hacked firmware available"
In response to Reply # 0

Martinsville, US

And just what is this hack supposed Cure?

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://phillipjones-cet.net

arc2456 Registered since 24th Jan 2013Thu 23-May-13 03:37 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Hacked firmware available"
In response to Reply # 1

Pickering, CA

Well I had a look at the web page and this is what is say the patch will alter. There is not a lot of other information. other than a change log page.

Availible Firmware Alterations:

D3100
Remove Time Based Video Restrictions
Change Time Based Video Restrictions to 17:28
Non-brand Battery
D3200
Remove Time Based Video Restrictions - DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY
D5100
NEF Compression Off
NEF Compression Lossless
NEF Oversampling, to allow testing by Astro folks - BETA
Jpeg Compression - Quality (vs. Space)
Non-brand Battery
D7000
ALPHA support for NEF oversampling, to allow testing by Astro folks - ALPHA

Tony

grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011Thu 20-Jun-13 01:24 PM
282 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Hacked firmware available"
In response to Reply # 2

Springfield, US

> D5100
> NEF Compression Off
> NEF Compression Lossless
-

These are marginally interresting but only marginally. Now if they had something that would give me Auto Focus Fine Tuning...

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 23-May-13 06:34 PM
4165 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Hacked firmware available"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Interesting stuff. If I am reading things correctly from those sites, you don't download firmware; you download a tool that allows you to change a copy of the firmware you already have.

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

stoffe Registered since 11th Jan 2013Fri 24-May-13 08:20 AM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Hacked firmware available"
In response to Reply # 3

SE

You don't even download the tool, its a web based silverlight tool that you upload your firmware and get back a modified firmware. For more information visit Nikonhackers webpage. I do not have any camera that could be modified so I have not tested this and of course, its your own risk.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8180 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.