Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5000 Rolling Shutter.....need help pleeeeez

2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
matt_gold Registered since 24th Oct 2009
Sat 24-Oct-09 11:11 PM

Although I only own a point-and-shoot right now, I have been itching to buy myself a reasonable mid-end DSLR.
I have been seriously looking at the D5000, for both it's capabilities and it's price bracket.

I would also like to use it for HD video, including camera tracking. (I'm an animator by profession) Bottom line is, the rolling-shutter problem might be a deal-breaker for me!

I can see this forum has some thoughtful, knowledgable people on it, so I would really appreciate some advice.

Are there any other Nikon SLR's that use a global shutter, thus (apparently) eliminating the rolling shutter issue?
Are there any fixes in the works for this problem?
I know about the Foundry plug-in fix....does this work well enough for camera tracking?

And finally....(don't kill me for this one)

Are the any non-Nikon DSLR's in the D5000 price range that do not suffer from a rolling-shutter in their HD video capture?

Any and all advice is more than welcome, like I say, I believe there are some awfully smart folks on here!

thanks for your time!