Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8139
View in linear mode

Subject: "Seeing Settings in Viewfinder of D5100" Previous topic | Next topic
MaryMR Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2013Tue 14-May-13 06:20 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Seeing Settings in Viewfinder of D5100"

Toluca Lake, US

I have trouble being seeing the settings that appear along the bottom when I'm using the viewfinder, especially in when outdoors in bright light. Live view is no better because it gets nearly completely "washed out" when I'm outside. Is there a way to increase the light level of the settings that appear along the bottom when one is using the viewfinder? Or is there anything I can do that may help increase the contrast?

Thanks.

Mary

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Puddlepyrate2013 Moderator Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2013Wed 15-May-13 10:55 AM
131 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Seeing Settings in Viewfinder of D5100"
In response to Reply # 0

Portsmouth, US

Hi Mary, they do sell eye cups that slip over the view finder that helps cut down on stray light from entering, you can check any of the online photo stores.
Hope this helps.

Bob

MaryMR Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2013Wed 15-May-13 06:29 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Seeing Settings in Viewfinder of D5100"
In response to Reply # 1

Toluca Lake, US

I did look for an eye cup for my camera but there were very few that would be compatible and the one that was received reviews saying that it impacted the movement of something else (I forget what). So far I'm using the rectangular piece of rubber than came with it but it's not a real eye cup. Perhaps I'll contact Nikon directly.

Mary

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Thu 16-May-13 01:05 AM
561 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Seeing Settings in Viewfinder of D5100"
In response to Reply # 2

Martinsville, US

Could be the diopter adjustment That interferes

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8139 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.