Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8096
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tips for photoshoot" Previous topic | Next topic
D3200Tony Registered since 06th Mar 2013Thu 02-May-13 04:11 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tips for photoshoot"

US

Hey guys,

This weekend, i am doing a photoshoot of a 1 year old. This is actually my first shoot not involving my dog or my girlfriend. We are going to go to a bluebonnet field and we are also going to go to a park to get pics. We plan on meeting in the morning around 830-9 but the weather will be in the 40's but the sun should be out and it shouldnt be cloudy. Do you guys have any tips or links that you can send my way. Thanks in advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kodiak photo Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2013Thu 02-May-13 04:42 PM
734 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tips for photoshoot"
In response to Reply # 0

Montréal, (Qc), CA

Hey Tony,

There is one thing you may want to consider among others: keep you subject out of direct sunlight, in a bright but shady area.

Nobody look good with a "grimacy" frown!

Have a good time!

Kodiak
Groovy Shootings
Image Média
www.kodiakmedia.at

WD4MLA Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Thu 02-May-13 08:29 PM
902 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tips for photoshoot"
In response to Reply # 0

Sylva, US

I am mostly a landscape photographer but I can share one tip. Whenever you are photographing children or pets get down on their level. Nothing looks worse than a shot that is looking down at a child or pet.

If you must photograph in the sun, sometimes a little fill flash helps.

Jerry Jaynes
Great Smoky Mountains
of North Carolina

http://www.flickr.com/photos/by_jerry_jaynes/

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 02-May-13 10:21 PM
4366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Tips for photoshoot"
In response to Reply # 2

Seattle, WA, US

Good call on the child's level. Hard-shell knee pads can be quite useful.

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

pjonesCET Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Fri 03-May-13 01:45 PM
562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Tips for photoshoot"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri 03-May-13 02:03 PM by pjonesCET

Martinsville, US

Here is a Sample of what WD4MLA Talking about.
Since I have no children. Here is a Close up of my Cat Boots.

I also have more pictures of her in my gallery

The attachment don't do justice as I had to reduce from 300DPI to 75 in order to show this picture. at 300dpi Its show every individual hair.

I used a software called PhotoStyler to add the Picture Frame.

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8096 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.