nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8020
View in linear mode

Subject: "SD Card Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
shansofi Registered since 17th Apr 2013Wed 17-Apr-13 08:50 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SD Card Problem"
Fri 26-Apr-13 09:29 PM by walkerr

NZ

I have bought a new D3200 and when I put my new 32 gb LexarSDHC platinum II class 10 UHS-1 card in the slot it says No SD card.Tried several times to reformat using my laptop card reader and it says windows cannot format.
I have downloaded the latest firmware from Nikon but I still cant access the card to put the firmware inside.

Any suggestions please

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D3200 N SD Card
grnzbra Silver Member
26th Apr 2013
shansofi
27th Apr 2013
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
26th Apr 2013
shansofi
27th Apr 2013
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
27th Apr 2013
pjonesCET Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
29th Apr 2013

grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011Fri 26-Apr-13 03:42 PM
325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D3200 N SD Card"
In response to Reply # 0

Springfield, US

Since both the camera and the computer can't format it, I would assume the card is bad.

By the way, I think you should have started a new thread rather than put this question at the bottom of a thread about video noise levels where it might not be noticed as quickly.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

shansofi Registered since 17th Apr 2013Sat 27-Apr-13 09:50 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D3200 N SD Card"
In response to Reply # 1

NZ

Thanks for the info will do it next time

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 26-Apr-13 06:36 PM
26987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D3200 N SD Card"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Shanton,

Welcome to Nikonians!

Sounds like your SD card is defective.
I would exchange it for a new one.

Best Regards,
Marty

shansofi Registered since 17th Apr 2013Sat 27-Apr-13 09:49 AM
#3. "RE: D3200 N SD Card"
In response to Reply # 2

NZ

thanks marty I did change it for a sandisk and works fine

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 27-Apr-13 04:53 PM
26987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D3200 N SD Card"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Shanton,

Great!
Glad to hear the problem is solved.
Enjoy your new D3200.

Best Regards,
Marty

pjonesCET Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Jul 2011Mon 29-Apr-13 02:19 AM
615 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: D3200 N SD Card"
In response to Reply # 5

Martinsville, US

Yes enjoy the Camera. I have one myself. takes Great pictures and Great videos.

See the Album title Providence Church 2013 these photos were take last week with an ultra wide angle lens 10-24mm and a 55-200mm Zoom Lens. there is an obvious difference in the focus and clarity of the wide-Angle.

Phillip M Jones, CET
pjonescet@comcast.net
http://www.phillipmjones.net/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pjonescet/
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #8020 Previous topic | Next topic